cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions that Allow 3+ Credit Products on One Hard Pull?

tag
myfavoritehue
New Contributor

Credit Unions that Allow 3+ Credit Products on One Hard Pull?

I recall hearing that there were a few credit unions that allow 3 credit products on one hard pull about a year or two ago but can't find where I referenced it.

Is there a consolidated list of ALL credit unions who do this? If there are still any left, they will be prioritized as to who gets my membership next.

P.S. Please exclude mentioning banks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Unions that Allow 3+ Credit Products on One Hard Pull?

Can you clarify what you mean by 3+ Credit Products? Are you looking to get a Mortgage, Car Loan, Bike Loan, credit Card etc.. all in one month?!

Just some general info, there are some CUs that handle lending inhouse and you can get prequalified with SP for many of their products. CUs such as DCU, Redstone, Service CU etc. Once you are prequalified options would appear on your CU home page.

Message 2 of 7
myfavoritehue
New Contributor

As of now, mainly credit cards but down the line those other products may be sought after. It may be a case-by-case basis depending on the timing of the applications but I just want to know what the possibilities are beforehand. My applications won't, neccessarily, be all in the same month. For example, I know some credit unions allow for a hard pull to be good for 30-60 days. So, in my mind, should I choose to apply for something else a month, or two, down the road it won't have the same negative impact on me.

Are each of those credit unions institutions that fall into the 3+ products per hard pull?

Message 3 of 7
reluctantgarden
Frequent Contributor

@myfavoritehue wrote:

As of now, mainly credit cards but down the line those other products may be sought after. It may be a case-by-case basis depending on the timing of the applications but I just want to know what the possibilities are beforehand. My applications won't, neccessarily, be all in the same month. For example, I know some credit unions allow for a hard pull to be good for 30-60 days. So, in my mind, should I choose to apply for something else a month, or two, down the road it won't have the same negative impact on me.

Are each of those credit unions institutions that fall into the 3+ products per hard pull?

Affinity FCU has allowed some of us two CCs and a LOC within 30 days on one HP. I think BCU has as well for some folks.

Message 4 of 7
myfavoritehue
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! 

In your research, what were the data points that allowed some to get 3 products on one HP and others not to? Also, how long ago was that?

This BCU? https://www.bcu.org/

Message 5 of 7
mgood
Valued Contributor

PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) says they try to use the same HP if it's within 30 days or so. Pretty much every case I've seen, they have used the same pull. There may be some reports of apps that were significantly more than 30 days apart and still using a single HP.

In December 2020 - January 2021 I was approved for a Gold, Platinum, and Power Cash Rewards in a span of 2 or 3 weeks. 3 cards on a single pull.

They use Eq 9.

If you're thinking of more than credit cards, like put an auto loan in there, they say that will be a separate pull since it's a different department. (But I think someone said they slipped a car loan and a credit card through on a single pull. Don't count on that.)

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 6 of 7
myfavoritehue
New Contributor

This is good to know. I thought PenFed stopped at 2 products per HP. They were already on my list of credit unions to join but this just moved them up my list.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.