Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit duplicate payment made in error

tag
Jammo13
Valued Member

Credit duplicate payment made in error

Hello all. If anyone saw my previous post about a subprime card reporting as over the limit, I have an update.

SO, I coordinated with a rep to close and PIF the account.

Well? More bad news.

The payment was initiated twice for the full balance and put my credit balance in the negative. I'm now short of $713. I called their reps and asked for a supervisor, only to be told it was a 45 day process for a balance refund. However, according to the CFPB, the refund must be issued within 7 business days of receipt of request from the consumer. Who is at fault here? I was told to consult my bank, Discover Bank, to dispute the charge as the creditor supervisor said they would not fight it. Should I attempt to dispute the ACH transaction? It was not an authorized transaction as it was manually initiated.

please help.

FICO8 EXP | FICO 8 EQ | FICO 8 TU
711 | 722 | 712
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit duplicate payment made in error

From what you have said here it sounds like they initiated 2 ACH transfers, if so yes dispute the second with your bank. If this fails then file immediate CFPB complaint on the credit card issuer.

Message 2 of 3
Jammo13
Valued Member

Re: Credit duplicate payment made in error

Roger that. I did both.

FICO8 EXP | FICO 8 EQ | FICO 8 TU
711 | 722 | 712
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.