Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club

tag
Im-back
Contributor

Diners Club

Had a Diners Club card. Closed it around 2008 for a variety of reasons. This week I received a $0 balance invoice. 

what the heck?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Diners Club

Postal worker: Hey boss, found this when we were cleaning behind that cabinet over there. What should we do with it?

Boss: Get it sent out, might be important. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

😄

Message 2 of 27
LADave
Established Contributor

@Im-back wrote:

Had a Diners Club card. Closed it around 2008 for a variety of reasons. This week I received a $0 balance invoice. 

what the heck?

Was the letter from this year? Better send a $0 check or else they might say you're ignoring the invoice. 😂

I suppose you could call them and explain why you can't pay the invoice. Heck, if it was me I might do that just for the entertainment.

Message 3 of 27
alocksley
Valued Member

@Im-back wrote:

what the heck?

Might be they're cleaning out accounts and their software requires sending a closing balance. Then again DC is controlled by MC I believe, so perhaps they're planning a revival...

Or it could just be phishing.

...and debt free.
Message 4 of 27
LADave
Established Contributor

@alocksley wrote:

@Im-back wrote:

what the heck?

Might be they're cleaning out accounts and their software requires sending a closing balance. Then again DC is controlled by MC I believe, so perhaps they're planning a revival...

Or it could just be phishing.

Diners Club is owned by Discover, but the cards issued in the US are issued as Mastercards by a licensee bank.

Message 5 of 27
Im-back
Contributor

Called them. A software glitch. Hmmmmmmm. Said to ignore it. 

Message 6 of 27
FICO-Quest
Valued Member

BMO Harris Bank is the current issuer in North America, under license from Discover who owns Diners Club worldwide.  The just run on the Mastercard network (sometimes - depends on where you're at in the world)

I miss my Diners Club Card!

Marcus/GM Rewards 02/24 - $6k
Citi CC 10/23 - $8.4k
USB Altitude Reserve 5/23 - $23.5k
CSP 05/23 - $17.3K
BMO Cash Back World MC 12/22 - $3K
Amazon Prime VS 07/22 - $18k
Amex Plat 3/22 - NPSL/$20k POT
Amex Delta Plat 7/21 - $25k
NFCU More Rewards Amex 5/21 - $30k
USB Alt Connect 4/21 - $10k (Opened as a Platinum Secured)
NFCU Flagship 1/21 - $32k (Opened as an nRewards secured)

SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Im-back wrote:

what the heck?

If it were me I would send them a check for zero with a copy of the invoice.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 27
Im-back
Contributor

My dad had one of the first Diners Club cards in the early '60s. AMEX Gold too. 

Message 9 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@FICO-Quest wrote:

BMO Harris Bank is the current issuer in North America, under license from Discover who owns Diners Club worldwide.  The just run on the Mastercard network (sometimes - depends on where you're at in the world)

I miss my Diners Club Card!

So do I. I wish BMO would revive the card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.