Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Secured Graduation!!!

tag
blkroyalT
Established Member

Discover IT Secured Graduation!!!

I was approved for my Discover IT Secured card on 8/27 with a credit limit of $200. I checked my account after my 7th statement (3/21) , and my credit limit is now $1800. I've read a few times that you should see the change a few days after the 7th statement cuts, so it proved to be true in my case also. I've since gotten other cards with higher CL's, but I am happy that now all cards are unsecured. I'm gardening for now while working to increase my scores. My Chapter 13 BK is due to be removed in November. A long journey, but I'm glad it's almost done! EQ 706 TU 693 EX 709
And if at first you don’t succeed, you can dust it off and try again

temp-Images-AMizotemp-Imageltbxw-Ntemp-Imagec-ASE0-Atemp-Imagej-VVIgltemp-Image-Gfmx-NJtemp-Image-Hxjf0-Qtemp-Image-N2-Zi-NUtemp-Image-N2-Zi-NUtemp-Imagexs-Ij-XYtemp-Imagezkm-Aq-Ktemp-Imagecd-GSZF
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
FrankenBeans
Established Member

Re: Discover IT Secured Graduation!!!

Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 20
GZG
Valued Contributor

very nice graduation, congrats!! 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 20
finallyfree
Valued Member

Awesome news! Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

"Don't be a tuna in a pool of sharks. Be a Shark" -Me

dicoverc1-savorally-cardCARD-ARTdiscover-redmission-lanec1-savor-oneamex-platinumamex-gold
Message 4 of 20
keekers
Established Contributor

I know it feels good; congrats!

Message 5 of 20
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CC graduation!

Message 6 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@blkroyalT wrote:
I was approved for my Discover IT Secured card on 8/27 with a credit limit of $200. I checked my account after my 7th statement (3/21) , and my credit limit is now $1800. I've read a few times that you should see the change a few days after the 7th statement cuts, so it proved to be true in my case also. I've since gotten other cards with higher CL's, but I am happy that now all cards are unsecured. I'm gardening for now while working to increase my scores. My Chapter 13 BK is due to be removed in November. A long journey, but I'm glad it's almost done! EQ 706 TU 693 EX 709

Congratulations on your awesome rebuild.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 20
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I'm curious why most here call 'it' an "IT" when 'it' is is clearly branded as "it".  ?

capture.png

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 8 of 20
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

I'm curious why most here call 'it' an "IT" when 'it' is is clearly branded as "it".  ?

capture.png

Probably for the same reason that we generally use Discover instead of DISCOVER? Unfortunately this brand name presents challenges for the semantics of English grammar. I'm no scholar so everyone please feel free to advise if I'm wrong:

- Word discover is a verb.

- Word it is a pronoun.

-  Entire word capitalization is generally used for emphasis.

- Capitalize each word in a headline.

Discover IT is an easy way to reference context as the actual brand is intended subject, and avoid needing to use quotations for clarification.🙂

Message 9 of 20
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@GreatLife wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

capture.png

Probably for the same reason that we generally use Discover instead of DISCOVER? Unfortunately this brand name presents challenges for the semantics of English grammar. I'm no scholar so everyone please feel free to advise if I'm wrong:

- Word discover is a verb.

- Word it is a pronoun.

-  Entire word capitalization is generally used for emphasis.

- Capitalize each word in a headline.

Discover IT is an easy way to reference context as the actual brand is intended subject, and avoid needing to use quotations for clarification.🙂

Understood.  I was mostly just joking but, honestly, I do always try to match the branding.  That's why, in my sig, you'll see DISCOVER it, CHASE freedom, citi, nusenda, etc.  I know, I am weird.  Smiley LOL  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.