Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY back in w/AMEX!

tag
ReturnOfTheCredi
Contributor

FINALLY back in w/AMEX!

My wife app'd the Blue Cash Everyday back in July (approved) and my BK from 2012, which included less than $5k with AMEX, also fell off my reports that month. I didn't officially hit 10 years post-BK til August, so dropping from the reports was slightly early. That said, we tried adding me to the new card in July and as soon as I entered the social, I was declined. I tried again a few moments ago and, to my surprise, I was APPROVED! I'm officially out of the dog house with Amex!

Just throwing it out there for others who are playing the waiting game like me. You can add one more tally mark to the "10-year" team. It seems a lot of BK folks find themselves back in good graces around this timeframe.

Good luck all!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: FINALLY back in w/AMEX!

Congrats on your long awaited AmEx Approval 🎉

Message 2 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Us BK'ers want to know what was the point gain when the BK fell off. I got in due to not throwing them on the BBQ. Less than 3yrs to go!!!!!!

Message 3 of 19
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! I know it feels really good to be back in with Amex.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 4 of 19
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX approval

Message 5 of 19
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Nice @ReturnOfTheCredi.  Your user name is cool. 

Message 6 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the back in. 

Message 7 of 19
ReturnOfTheCredi
Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Us BK'ers want to know what was the point gain when the BK fell off. I got in due to not throwing them on the BBQ. Less than 3yrs to go!!!!!!

I think the irony was that my score didn't bump at all. Might have gone down a point or two. It just happened that when it dropped, I had just bought a new commercial mower that I financed at 0% for 60 months, but the financing was done through a TD Bank Yard Card which it essentially maxed out and suddenly made big change to my utilization ratio. That and I think most of the BK damage goes away little by little over that ten year period. I wish I could report better and YMMV. My Experian score is at 795, so I'm not really concerned about it.

Message 8 of 19
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! What a journey...and welcome back to AMEX.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 9 of 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your . . .  back w/Amex . . . journey as that's awesome. Best wishes as you continue your credit rebuild!!! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.