Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

So I call up FNBO bc I hit the 4 months mark and wanted to try for a CLI. They said no bc my account was just CLD. HUH?? I have never had a cld on any account ever and I have no missed payments or late payments on their acct or any other. No changes to my credit which sit around 765 and I'm seriously baffled. I opened the card 10 months ago. I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150. So balance chased? But why?? So, paid off that card and I'm closing it today. I am pretty mad bc they did this right at statement cut and now it shows I have a card at 95% utilization. Should I let one more statement generate (with a zero balance) or just close it now? I really want to close it now but I want what's best for my fico ... Thanks. 

Message 1 of 315
314 REPLIES 314
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

So I call up FNBO bc I hit the 4 months mark and wanted to try for a CLI. They said no bc my account was just CLD. HUH?? I have never had a cld on any account ever and I have no missed payments or late payments on their acct or any other. No changes to my credit which sit around 765 and I'm seriously baffled. I opened the card 10 months ago. I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150. So balance chased? But why?? So, paid off that card and I'm closing it today. I am pretty mad bc they did this right at statement cut and now it shows I have a card at 95% utilization. Should I let one more statement generate (with a zero balance) or just close it now? I really want to close it now but I want what's best for my fico ... Thanks. 

Since it's got zero balance you can close it. The zero balance will be reported.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Doodlebug300, Sorry for your CLD,

Definitely would NOT close it with a balance!

You also might pull your reports from https:/www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

Go over them with a fine tooth comb,

see if something popped up on your report that would trigger FNBO to CLD you.

Something is just not right.??!!

Message 3 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SouthJamaica, I know it is early, you may want to re-read OP's post.?

"I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150"

Message 4 of 315
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Doodlebug30 

Sorry about the CLD. A while back they just closed my account outright. I had no major changes whatsoever. I can't remember the reason they gave I think inquires but I really didn't have many more then when I had opened their account . 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 315
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 , Can I see all that stuff when I pull my reports from Experian and credit karma? My scores haven't changed either. WEIRD. I paid off the balance on FNBO and it finally shows a zero balance in my account today so should I just close it? Or wait until the next statement cut? 

Message 6 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

@M_Smart007 , Can I see all that stuff when I pull my reports from Experian and credit karma? My scores haven't changed either. WEIRD. I paid off the balance on FNBO and it finally shows a zero balance in my account today so should I just close it? Or wait until the next statement cut? 

@Doodlebug30,

It is best to pull www.annualcreditreport.com ..the reason being you can see ALL three reports with clarity,

Experian would probably show accuracy, but I would not trust credit karma for accuracy!

Also you will get very detailed info, that you would NOT otherwise get.

It is a good idea to check all three reports, as to make sure everything is in order.

Something that I have done, and will continue to do.

I know the knee-jerk reaction is to close the card, and that is certainly your choice,

I did it with a Target store card, when they CLD'd the limit from $700(ish) to $500. for 7 months of NON-Use.

But it was only a store card, and I had no intention on using it. So I closed it.

It was by far my lowest limit card.

You may reconsider keeping it open, as it is a major CC, and the limit is not $500 ...but it is entirely up to you.

I try to really think things through with credit, as once it is done ..it is done!  ..no going back.

ETA:

Also what is your EX FICO9 score from FNBO's site?

Example;

Your FICO® Bankcard Score 9 , pulled on 09/10/2022 from Experian, is the same score we use to manage your account.

Message 7 of 315
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 , it's showing 756. I will pull annualcreditreport. But I keep a close eye thru Experian 3 report option and I have no outstanding bills at risk of collection or anything so I just don't get it. Also, I do have a lot of other cards I can use. I just opened a wells Fargo active cash (hasn't reported yet!) So it's also a 2% card. I'm just worried FNBO will close my account on me. I'd rather me close it right? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bummer but I do have plenty of credit to pick from so... 

Message 8 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

@M_Smart007 , it's showing 756. I will pull annualcreditreport. But I keep a close eye thru Experian 3 report option and I have no outstanding bills at risk of collection or anything so I just don't get it. Also, I do have a lot of other cards I can use. I just opened a wells Fargo active cash (hasn't reported yet!) So it's also a 2% card. I'm just worried FNBO will close my account on me. I'd rather me close it right? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bummer but I do have plenty of credit to pick from so... 

Got it.

One further note, FNBO can be sensitive to new inquiries (profile dependant)

So they will mitigate risk, if you are seeking new credit, escalating debt or have a lot of recent inquiries. (again, profile dependant)

ETA: If FNBO wanted to close it, they would have already. It does not really matter in the notation part of a closed account, whether it states "Account closed at credit grantor’s request " or "Account closed at consumer’s request " it is all personal preference.

I have many Synchrony accts. that show "Account closed at credit grantor’s request " it does NOT affect my ability to get approvals.

Good Luck!

Message 9 of 315
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Thats good to know! I always thought it would look bad on me if THEY closed it instead of me...Idk what Im gonna do. I will prob still close it but idk. Does it matter that its under a year old account? 10 months old...

Message 10 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.