Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting upgraded to Macy's Amex???

tag
BachChaconne
Valued Member

Getting upgraded to Macy's Amex???

I have a Macy's and Bloomies card... both have been growing pretty well and am up to 5500 on the Macy's and 4400 on Bloomies.

At what point might I start being eligible for an Amex upgrade?  Does Citi still do that?  Is it dependent on FICO scores/credit profile or how high your CC limits are?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting upgraded to Macy's Amex???

@BachChaconne wrote:

I have a Macy's and Bloomies card... both have been growing pretty well and am up to 5500 on the Macy's and 4400 on Bloomies.

At what point might I start being eligible for an Amex upgrade?  Does Citi still do that?  Is it dependent on FICO scores/credit profile or how high your CC limits are?

Thanks!

Hi @BachChaconne ,

I do not think that there is rhyme or reason to the upgrade...

I do know that it is sytem driven ..and cannot be requested.

It could be related to FICO score and or time, I have doubt about credit limit as being a factor..

ETA: At the time of the upgrades, I had ton's of inquiries and LOL/24 new accounts.

Bloomingdale's had upgraded my store card to Amex @$9K

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Bloomingdale-s-Amex-Upgrade-from-quot-Store-quot-card/...

Macy's had upgraded @$25K 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Macy-s-store-card-gt-gt-Upgraded-to-Macy-s-Amex/m-p/63...

Message 2 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've had my accounts for some time

SP CLI'd them both to $25K

Bloomies opened my account with an AMEX so no issues

Macy's has yet to upgrade me.  My scores are all over 800

I stopped worrying and figured I would get surprised one day 

200w.gif

Message 3 of 8
docbang
New Contributor

With a good store relationship with Macy's I do believe that you can just apply for Macys AMEX, my wife's very first card was the Macys AMEX with no credit history except a mortgage and a car. 

Message 4 of 8
Feelxcredit

I saw the offer to upgrade yesterday and hit the button and it upgraded to Amex said new card with same cl $25k was coming in mail in a week or so. The APR is ridiculous but the rewards are good if you pif.... 

LPC, NCC
Message 5 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@docbang wrote:

With a good store relationship with Macy's I do believe that you can just apply for Macys AMEX, my wife's very first card was the Macys AMEX with no credit history except a mortgage and a car. 

Unless there has been a very recent change you can't just apply for the AMEX card; you apply for a Macy's card and if you qualify for the AMEX card upon approval you're offered your choice between the store card and the AMEX.     We've also had forum members report that they later applied again and ultimately ended up with both a store card and an AMEX card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 8
Tameeks
New Visitor

Hi.. I read this thread and it helped me so figured I'd give an update. I've been a Macys cardholder for about 12 years. Credit line of $12000. I never got the Amex upgrade offer. But I read this thread and someone said to reapply, so I did. I got approved for the Amex--- but what the heck... it gave me a very low limit -- $2000 🤦🏾‍♀️ I already have 3 other Amex cards with much higher limits so I'm not sure why they played me like this. Credit score --787 so idk. I'm annoyed tho. 

Message 7 of 8
MrWick18

12 years and never got an offer to upgrade the store card? Now it makes me think of my chances of getting an offer since my store card is only a little over 2 years old. Although, I got it to Platinum last year in the hopes of getting a better chance at an upgrade but nothing so far

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.