cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Thanksgiving! Your thankful for this Approval!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving! Your thankful for this Approval!

Happy Thanksgiving Gang! Which 1 card do you give thanks you were approved for this year. Since there's the I wont do business with this bank anymore thread. How about a thread on what card did you want so bad and was approved for in 2022. For me was breaking the AMEX barrier and finally got in with the BCP. Lowest CL. Thats ok.

Have a Great Day with Family and Friends!

thanks.JPG

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for this card Approval!

seeing as i was in the 500s a year ago - im so thankful for my amex cards on the persoanl and business side - this was a huge accomplishment for me this year ... but im also really thankful for my navy federal cards with the HUGE limits this bank gave me 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 2 of 36
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving Gang! Which 1 card do you give thanks you were approved for this year. Since there's the I wont do business with this bank anymore thread. How about a thread on what card did you want so bad and was approved for in 2022. For me was breaking the AMEX barrier and finally got in with the BCP. Lowest CL. Thats ok.

Have a Great Day with Family and Friends!

thanks.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too Firemedic.

I would have said my first NAVY card the cash rewards 3700 sl,  but i got that one in late december 2021.

This year i would say my 2nd Penfed card, the Gold and a nice sl of 7.5k.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 36
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

I would say my recent product change of my alaska card to the Suzy komen card wasn't getting value from the alaska card and this took a few calls to get it done becuz the first CSR argued I couldn't do it which really made me question whether they give a damm about platinum honors (I've done a pc on this card before) and finally after HUCA the third one took care of me. Also I wanted to upgrade to a gas card with a better return and worked at costco

then I had to do folloup calls becuz they moved the annual fee to the Suzy komen card and I had to argue to get that removed. 

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 4 of 36
citymunky
Established Contributor

I'm honestly surprised I was offered and approved for Capital One Savor One earlier this month. Lowest CL also, statement posted to today (PIF two days ago), and I already accumulated $10 in cash back.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper (Jul21-Jul 2022), Sable {Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum (Jul21-Aug23)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 5 of 36
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Im thankful for my one and only credit card - OpenSky because its the start of what I hope to be a successful rebuild of credit and finances.

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 6 of 36
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Hoben02 wrote:

I would say my recent product change of my alaska card to the Suzy komen card wasn't getting value from the alaska card and this took a few calls to get it done becuz the first CSR argued I couldn't do it which really made me question whether they give a damm about platinum honors (I've done a pc on this card before) and finally after HUCA the third one took care of me. Also I wanted to upgrade to a gas card with a better return and worked at costco

then I had to do folloup calls becuz they moved the annual fee to the Suzy komen card and I had to argue to get that removed. 

Question are you dealing with BOA CSR?? As Honors you should be dealing with your Merrill people....I never talk to BOA, I have a CC person on the Merrill side that gets me CLI and new card, PC etc......next time deal with your Merrill team.....

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

This yr, Disco for breaking 3000 then bumping up to 4500, also useful categories

Bilt for rent, was nervous about getting approved

Citi AA MileUp for the highest SL/CL 7300

Product change from Citi DC to CC

Honorable mention to Elan approving me, at all.

If I had to pick one, MileUp for SL

Message 8 of 36
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. 

You are truly one of our members that stands out to me for ALWAYS posting, replying and offering advice EVERY SINGLE DAY.  So for that I am grateful bc over time you have taught so many of us how to get on, back on and continue to stay on the right credit track!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

As of today, in line with the theme, I am over the moon grateful for my new, yet to be mailed, NFCU Platinum CC $20K SL!!!!  

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 36
sznthescore
Established Contributor

The card I'm thankful that I got approved for and always wanted was the Apple Card. Bk previously kept me from getting the card applying throught the app and not to mention low credit scores. However, doing the SCT suprisingly got me approved for the card with low FICO score and Bk reporting.  It's not the best card, but it's the best for me at the moment due to current profile and being a rebuilder. I'm managing the account quite well as I continue to rebuild. Smiley Happy

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.