cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Thanksgiving! Your thankful for this Approval!

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for this card Approval!

@FireMedic1 

Happy Thanksgiving! For me I am thankful to get the Wells Fargo Bilt Cc, First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings. Thankful for the FICO forums friends to help me thru having an Excellent financial Status. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 🦃

Message 11 of 36
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@Hoben02 wrote:

I would say my recent product change of my alaska card to the Suzy komen card wasn't getting value from the alaska card and this took a few calls to get it done becuz the first CSR argued I couldn't do it which really made me question whether they give a damm about platinum honors (I've done a pc on this card before) and finally after HUCA the third one took care of me. Also I wanted to upgrade to a gas card with a better return and worked at costco

then I had to do folloup calls becuz they moved the annual fee to the Suzy komen card and I had to argue to get that removed. 

Question are you dealing with BOA CSR?? As Honors you should be dealing with your Merrill people....I never talk to BOA, I have a CC person on the Merrill side that gets me CLI and new card, PC etc......next time deal with your Merrill team.....

My understanding is that Platinum Honors begins at $100k and Merrill begins at $1M. But that may have changed since 2019.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Citi Custom Cash would be the one I would choose from the 3 I opened this year.

Message 13 of 36
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I opened four cards this year... three of them for balance transfer use.

I'm most thankful for the Wells Fargo Reflect card and it's 21 month intro offer.  Smiley Happy

...but I really like my FNBO FordPass Rewards card too!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 14 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@IamWesty12 wrote:

@FireMedic1 Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. 

You are truly one of our members that stands out to me for ALWAYS posting, replying and offering advice EVERY SINGLE DAY.  So for that I am grateful bc over time you have taught so many of us how to get on, back on and continue to stay on the right credit track!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

As of today, in line with the theme, I am over the moon grateful for my new, yet to be mailed, NFCU Platinum CC $20K SL!!!!  

Whoa! Congrats! Now thats amazing from where you came from. Have another piece of pecan pie !!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 36
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@Hoben02 wrote:

I would say my recent product change of my alaska card to the Suzy komen card wasn't getting value from the alaska card and this took a few calls to get it done becuz the first CSR argued I couldn't do it which really made me question whether they give a damm about platinum honors (I've done a pc on this card before) and finally after HUCA the third one took care of me. Also I wanted to upgrade to a gas card with a better return and worked at costco

then I had to do folloup calls becuz they moved the annual fee to the Suzy komen card and I had to argue to get that removed. 

Question are you dealing with BOA CSR?? As Honors you should be dealing with your Merrill people....I never talk to BOA, I have a CC person on the Merrill side that gets me CLI and new card, PC etc......next time deal with your Merrill team.....

I don't have a trading account with Merrill. So I just call the number on the back of the card

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 16 of 36
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Happy Turkey Day to all and @FireMedic1 

I'm very thankful to have been approved for the CSR in January this year. I cold app'd with a very thin and young file. I had just gotten back into the credit game in 2019 after a near 20 year hiatus. I destroyed my credit back in late 90's to 2001. After paying down the debt, I steered clear of credit cards. Well, frankly, I didn't think I'd ever be approved again but also, I just wasn't being responsible at the time. I'm thankful now and am being super diligent. 

Happy Holidays to all the MyFICO Family 😊😊

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 17 of 36
DeepDishEMT
Valued Member

Happy Thanksgiving. After always having sub $1000 limit cards, this year my goal card, the Fidelity 2%, approved me for 13k. Very grateful. 

BOA Unlimited Cash 1.87% - 19k
Fidelity 2% - 13k
Citi Diamond Preferred - 7.6k
FNBO Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred - 6.7k
BOA Americard - 6k
Merrick Bank no AF - 2k
Message 18 of 36
citymunky
Established Contributor

@DeepDishEMT Very Nice approval SL!

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 19 of 36
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

This year, glad I found out I am off the Amex blacklist Smiley Happy
What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.