cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CL lowered to $700 ftom 3k

tag
Agokee

Macys CL lowered to $700 ftom 3k

My aunt is an authorized user on my Macy's credit card, which had a $3000 credit limit since 2009, but was lowered to $700 today. She missed last month's minimum payment because she is used to receiving paper statements, but I changed the address on my card when I moved in January and switched to paperless statements. She was always the one making payments on the card. Can this be appealed with a hard pull? Thank you for your advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Macys CL lowered to $700 ftom 3k

@Agokee wrote:

My aunt is an authorized user on my Macy's credit card, which had a $3000 credit limit since 2009, but was lowered to $700 today. She missed last month's minimum payment because she is used to receiving paper statements, but I changed the address on my card when I moved in January and switched to paperless statements. She was always the one making payments on the card. Can this be appealed with a hard pull? Thank you for your advice.

What is your overall credit health and your aunt's usage pattern for the card?   A more typical outcome of a single late payment would be charging a late fee + temporary penalty APR + temporary ineligibility for CLIs, and a late fee can often be waived as a goodwill gesture simply by asking. Also, if there was a recent significant change in your credit profile  Citi should have picked up on it via their regular soft-pull account reviews (since you're a cardholder they have permissible purpose to make AR-categorized soft pulls at their discretion), which combined with a late payment could have been enough to trigger an autobot to initiate the CLD.

You can ask for the limit to be restored but keep your expectations in check.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Macys CL lowered to $700 ftom 3k

Macy's Credit is run through Citi Bank, they are normally good about one time forgiveness per year.

I would contact them and see if they could remove all the negative remarks on your account. Their CLI is SP to about 25K so even if they don't restore your limit immediately, you can try again few in months.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.