cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Chase Pre-Approval (sort of). :-)

tag
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

My First Chase Pre-Approval (sort of). :-)

Got an email yesterday to the account with which I registered for Chase's Credit Journey. It has only ever been used for that, so it seems unlikely to be phishing (it also has my full and correct name and a link to Chase to verify its validity (one that is easy to type into a browser, rather than click). When they opened my Chase United Quest Card, they changed my email to some old email I had with First Chicago (as well as added my phone number for a job I had in the 1980's). :-)

I can no longer access that Credit Journey account, so I have no way to see if there are any other pre-approvals, and on my Quest card account, I see no approvals at all. I am not interested in a Freedom card at the moment, and I probably want to get my Venture X first, but I am  wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to see what is happening on that Chase Credit Journey Account?

Also, wondering if the pre-approval is real, vs. "we pulled your name out of a hate to try to get you to apply!" :-)

IMG_0596.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FrankenBeans
Established Member

Re: My First Chase Pre-Approval (sort of). :-)

I'm interested to see responses, as I can also no longer access my Credit Journey account, and the regular Chase site tells me I don't have access to my credit info. 

Message 2 of 5
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@FrankenBeans wrote:

I'm interested to see responses, as I can also no longer access my Credit Journey account, and the regular Chase site tells me I don't have access to my credit info. 

I had that issue before. If I remember correctly, I had to go to chase credit journey and create a new account. Chase site would not let me in either.

Message 3 of 5
FlaDude
Established Contributor

As far as scores, Chase credit journey just uses Vantage 3.0 so no better than CK or Nerdwallet. Chase used to offer FICO scores but phased that out years ago.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 5
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

As far as scores, Chase credit journey just uses Vantage 3.0 so no better than CK or Nerdwallet. Chase used to offer FICO scores but phased that out years ago.

Yes, but that is not why it is interesting. It show a Chase pre-approval, but my current Chase account does not. Curious if there are any other pre-approval offers on that account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.