cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: 5 Tips to Help You Manage Multiple Credit Cards and Protect Your FICO® Scores

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: 5 Tips to Help You Manage Multiple Credit Cards and Protect Your FICO® Scores

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: 5 Tips to Help You Manage Multiple Credit Cards and Protect Your FICO® Scores

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: New blog article: 5 Tips to Help You Manage Multiple Credit Cards and Protect Your FICO® Scores

Ok info but, for me, the managing of multiple cards is more about managing for maximizing rewards.  lol.  Smiley Happy  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 6
DXness
New Contributor

Re: New blog article: 5 Tips to Help You Manage Multiple Credit Cards and Protect Your FICO® Scores

lol yep!  Managing multiple cards for me = knowing what to use for which purchase to maximize the CB rate, especially keeping a mental note of which places don't code the way you'd expect them to.

__

Rebuilding, FICO 8s as of February 2024:

Message 3 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing. I've often wondered of the time and resources some posters with 40 CC manage that many cards?

Some of my 20 cards have been sock drawed until they are cancelled.

Message 4 of 6
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I use a spreadsheet program and a dry erase board with statement cut/due dates, last payment made date, balance and credit line. 5% rotators get updated on the dry erase as well.

Message 5 of 6
okurosetta
Regular Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I've often wondered of the time and resources some posters with 40 CC manage that many cards?

Some of my 20 cards have been sock drawed until they are cancelled.

I'm not quite at 40, but I'm on my way so I'll give my two cents Smiley LOL

My spreadsheet helps plan payments, with cards listed by due date. I am paid biweekly and make payments every payday. I put my spreadsheet on my smaller monitor and on my larger monitor I CTRL + click a folder with bookmarks to every issuer's log-in pages. I then work left to right, signing in to each account (credentials saved). I then work left to right again, updating my spreadsheet with balances / payments due as I go, closing tabs with no payments due. I make sure everything is good on my spreadsheet before making the payments, then go left to right again to make the payments.

This may sound like a lot but in practice takes about 5-10 minutes every two weeks for 30 cards.

Future P2
Chopping Block Chopped
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.