Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony's acquisition of Ally?

tag
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony's acquisition of Ally?

I read a little about Synchrony's acquisition of Ally?  Does this  include the credit card?  Any information that anyone has or thoughts would be wonderful.   I have been working so much I don't have the time to call Ally and researching.   I have Ally and not certain why these banks are dissolving into others lately.   Since I didn't see a discussion thought I would start one.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SwimGuy
Valued Member

Re: Synchrony's acquisition of Ally?

Synchrony acquires Ally Lending 

From my understanding on this article they bought the POS lending, like the store offering their own financing and BNPL.

Message 2 of 6
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

@SwimGuy wrote:

From my understanding on this article they bought the POS lending, like the store offering their own financing and BNPL.

Good to know.  I was getting worried it was the credit card also.   But something to keep my eye 👁  on.  

Message 3 of 6
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Ally still has their CC business.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 4 of 6
citymunky
Established Contributor

@SwimGuy wrote:

I just used Ally Lending for my HVAC this past summer (0% APR for 6 mouths). The normal ally bank and ally lending were two diffenent websites that was not related. Also my ally loan didn't report to me CR but my ally CC does. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 5 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Appears Synchrony is attempting to grow. With Cap 1 merging with Discover is this the beginning of consolidation?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.