cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With today's high interest rates, just curious who on the forum has an APR lower than the Prime Rate

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

With today's high interest rates, just curious who on the forum has an APR lower than the Prime Rate

With today's high go-to interest rates because of the multiple Fed rate increases, was just curious who here on the forum still have any cards with a go-to APR lower than the current Prime Rate of 8%?

Ime, I still have 4 cards left that are lower than the Prime Rate:  (1) P - 2.51%; (2) P - 1.01%; (3) P - 0.51%; and (4) P - 0.50%

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Re: With today's high interest rates, just curious who on the forum has an APR lower than the Prime

@galahad15 wrote:

With today's high go-to interest rates because of the multiple Fed rate increases, was just curious who here on the forum still have any cards with a go-to APR lower than the current Prime Rate of 8%?

Ime, I still have 4 cards left that are lower than the Prime Rate:  (1) P - 2.51%; (2) P - 1.01%; (3) P - 0.51%; and (4) P - 0.50%

Must be nice to have locked in/grandfathered flat rates like that...

My lowest is 11% at the moment, which was recently raised from 8% due to the last fed hike.

Message 2 of 39
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: With today's high interest rates, just curious who on the forum has an APR lower than the Prime

Sweet!

I recently closed a HELOC at prime + 0%, which was my best rate. My lowest CC is the grandfathered BofA CCR with prime + 5.4% (yes, plus not minus).

@galahad15 wrote:

Which banks are honoring those grandfathered rates for you?

Message 3 of 39
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I "had" a 10% apr with Barclays until just recently when they rasied it to 14.25     Yep, good ole Barclays Smiley Mad

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 39
Mero_mero

I have a Wells Fargo card grandfathered in from an old product that locked the interest rate to Prime rate.  Looking at my last statement, it was 7.75% variable.  I've product changed it a few times and it's currently an Autograph.

Message 5 of 39
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

DW's Disco which I'm an AU at a fixed rate of 6.99%

7BE8DBE2-48CC-40FA-A5F9-3EE4A89BE241.jpeg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 39
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@SeaProbe wrote:

Sweet!

I recently closed a HELOC at prime + 0%, which was my best rate. My lowest CC is the grandfathered BofA CCR with prime + 5.4% (yes, plus not minus).

I got my HELOC at Prime + 0% recently too, I just wish the prime rate would quit going up!

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 7 of 39
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Galahad,

I have one that is grandfathered and fixed at 7.99% with a CU, with a credit line of $1000.  The next one is a permanently fixed and grandfathered at 8.99%.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 39
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Creditwiser 

Same here for the longest of time I had my Hawaiian Air Cc with Barclay's @ 10% it is now 14% good old Barclay's!

Message 9 of 39
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

@Creditwiser 

Same here for the longest of time I had my Hawaiian Air Cc with Barclay's @ 10% it is now 14% good old Barclay's!

In an odd way I'm glad to learn its not just me they're picking on Smiley Sad  But like i said, sock drawer and a tank of gas now and then. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.