Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the old Blue Cash card (Amex) still available

tag
Timmy_Hardwell
Established Member

the old Blue Cash card (Amex) still available

fyi to anyone interested......   If you go to the Amex's main website and then select "View all personal charge and credit cards" from the drop-down menu, the blue cash everyday should be the first card on the top.   Then, click on "View Quick Info".    This will reveal a link that reads: " Looking for an earlier version of the Blue Cash Card?"

Click the link and then you'll go directly to the page for the old Blue Cash card; the page is apparently still active and the card can still be applied for.

I have confirmed via chat and the 800 number (located on the old Blue Cash web page) that the card is still available .    However, none of the reps seem to know for how long availability will go on.  They can only confirm that it's for a limited time.

Anyways... just wanted to share... I know for some of us here that the $6500 yearly spend threshold is easy to meet and the unlimited 5%on gas,groceries,drugstores that you get after spending 6500 ...makes this card very lucrative

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: the old Blue Cash card (Amex) still available

That's interesting. I had always thought that the old blue was an MR reward.

Message 2 of 141
phonic
Contributor

I just looked but don't see that link anywhere. But I just got the BCP card so I probably wouldn't qualify for it anyway.

EDIT: Looks like you need to be completely logged out in order for it to show up. I launched a Chrome Incognito browser session and found the link to the old blue:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue-cash/25330

Kind of wish I got that instead of the new BCP.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 3 of 141
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Wow!  Thanks for that.  I've been wanting this card.  Just need to work on some calculations...

Message 4 of 141
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

If it is available, my guess is you are able to product change to it if you like.  I am the phone with them now to see if that is an option, I will report back shortly.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 5 of 141
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wow!  Thanks for that.  I've been wanting this card.  Just need to work on some calculations...

AAOA calc? Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 141
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

AAOA calc? Smiley Wink

No!  Not so much a calculation, more "If I buy 40 VR a month on this card, will Amex get annoyed in a way that Citi doesn't?"    If MS is easy on this card, the initila say $97 loss (spending $6500 at 0.5% instead of 2%) is OK.

Message 7 of 141
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

AAOA calc? Smiley Wink

No!  Not so much a calculation, more "If I buy 40 VR a month on this card, will Amex get annoyed in a way that Citi doesn't?"    If MS is easy on this card, the initila say $97 loss (spending $6500 at 0.5% instead of 2%) is OK.

I dare not tread those waters. I'd be the dummy to get pinched the first time.

Message 8 of 141
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:

If it is available, my guess is you are able to product change to it if you like.  I am the phone with them now to see if that is an option, I will report back shortly.

Please let me know if you can product change, i would be very interested in this.

Thanks 

Message 9 of 141
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@Jayb5635 wrote:

Please let me know if you can product change, i would be very interested in this.

Thanks 

I am very interested as well, let us know! Smiley Happy

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 10 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.