Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American First Finance on TU

tag
OCONUS
Regular Contributor

American First Finance on TU

Does anyone know about AFF?

I pulled weekly annual report and on TU, I noticed a new entry. It is a line from American First Finance reporting a Student Loan with a payments from as far back of Jan 2023. 

I called the phone number listed on the TL and it ended up into a solicitation . After a google search, I found a different number. I called but rep could not located any account with my name, DOB or SSN. 

I asked what AFF does as a business and the rep said we finance store purchases (Furtinutre, utensils etc). I asked if they happen to be a servicer of Student Loans but rep said no we do not service student loans. What strikes me is the  description of the TL on TU that says "Student Loan." 

She sent the request for investigation. I have also initiated a TU dispute.

AFFC.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: American First Finance on TU

If you don't recognize this loan with a $7338 balance you should be disputing it.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Is there any entity that you may owe that amount? My utilities used to report as a Personal Loan.

Message 3 of 6
OCONUS
Regular Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Is there any entity that you may owe that amount? My utilities used to report as a Personal Loan.

That is the thing- I do not owe anyone anything. Rep used my SSN, DOB, Phone No or name to bring up in their system but could not find  any account and could not pull this account either with my info.

Message 4 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Earlier this month my FICO score dropped four points. According to MyFICO I had increased my CC balance. It was still under 1% of my total credit line. Then MyFICO claimed I made a payment of $198.00 to Chase. My score went back up. I made no such payment. My financial institution showed no such payment. Chase had not recorded that payment.

Earlier this month there were reports of sites being hacked. Interestingly, the day after my score was returned to its previous level it went up two points.

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Earlier this month my FICO score dropped four points. According to MyFICO I had increased my CC balance. It was still under 1% of my total credit line. Then MyFICO claimed I made a payment of $198.00 to Chase. My score went back up. I made no such payment. My financial institution showed no such payment. Chase had not recorded that payment.

Earlier this month there were reports of sites being hacked. Interestingly, the day after my score was returned to its previous level it went up two points.

MyFICO doesn't tell you that a payment is made.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.