Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user DP

tag
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

Authorized user DP

My daughter added me as AU with her Citi card--its 4.5 yrs old. Perfect pymt history--0 balance, 6k cl. .......it did not ask for SS, and has showed up on EQ 1st-----when It gets on TU and EX, will the age of the card help my AAOA? My BK just discharged--I have 8 CC and 1 installment--all perfect, oldest card is 13 months, newest is 3 months. The oldest card was Capitol 1--which was added in BK and is going to fall off with all the rest of the BK cards. Thanks in advance. I love this site. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized user DP

@rchvmz wrote:

My daughter added me as AU with her Citi card--its 4.5 yrs old. Perfect pymt history--0 balance, 6k cl. .......it did not ask for SS, and has showed up on EQ 1st-----when It gets on TU and EX, will the age of the card help my AAOA? My BK just discharged--I have 8 CC and 1 installment--all perfect, oldest card is 13 months, newest is 3 months. The oldest card was Capitol 1--which was added in BK and is going to fall off with all the rest of the BK cards. Thanks in advance. I love this site. 

It will help the AAoA but there is no consensus on which AAoA specific lenders focus on. My Experian monitoring service report shows AAoA including AU accounts on the first page and AAoA excluding AU accounts on a subsidiary page.

There is also a separate AZEO penalty for AU accounts. I just confirmed this through personal experience today. All my AU accounts reported as zero as of today and my EX 08 score dropped 14 points, from 702 to 688. I don't know if a single AU account would be treated the same way (I have 5), but it's worth keeping in mind. Basically, you want to make sure that all your primary accounts except one are reporting a zero balance, and the same with all your AU accounts.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rchvmz wrote:

When was you BK DC?

"I have 8 CC and 1 installment--all perfect" How many are open right now since BK?

Message 3 of 4
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

The BK will be formally discharged---end of October to be exact. The 8 CC I have now are all open and were established in the last year of the BK---trustee approved. So only the CC that were included in the Bk are going away. I had 24 CC that were included in the BK that will be removed once the BK is formally discharged at months end. My highest cl is 2800 with Sportsman guide visa---lowest is 300 with indigo. Mu AU has a 5800 cl with a 40.00 bal. I keep mine at o except for one, which I rotate which one, I will keep a small bal..The installment is Penfed secured savings loan, of 400--I have that paid forwards with a 32.00 bal so its at 8%......current Fico 8 scores---Eq=689   Tu=631  Ex=655

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.