Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Update After Single Disputed Charge

tag
BR
Established Member

Credit Report Update After Single Disputed Charge

Hello all,

I recently had a billing issue, and I need some insight on how long it might take for my credit report to reflect the changes:

• Disputed a $35 charge on my PayPal Mastercard.
  • While waiting, the merchant refunded the payment outside of the dispute.
  • I contacted Synchrony (the card issuer) and requested they cancel the dispute.
  • The card now shows as "unavailable" on my credit report and my score has increased. 

My question is: How long should I expect it to take for my credit report to return to normal? Does the "unavailable"/Dispute status affect  stuff down the line like mortgages/new credit cards/looks bad?

Any advice or experiences with similar situations would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Report Update After Single Disputed Charge

@BR wrote:

Hello all,

I recently had a billing issue, and I need some insight on how long it might take for my credit report to reflect the changes:

• Disputed a $35 charge on my PayPal Mastercard.
  • While waiting, the merchant refunded the payment outside of the dispute.
  • I contacted Synchrony (the card issuer) and requested they cancel the dispute.
  • The card now shows as "unavailable" on my credit report and my score has increased. 

My question is: How long should I expect it to take for my credit report to return to normal? Does the "unavailable"/Dispute status affect  stuff down the line like mortgages/new credit cards/looks bad?

Any advice or experiences with similar situations would be greatly appreciated!

I'd contact Synchrony and ask the status of the card.

Message 2 of 4
BR
Established Member

Yep looks like it got fixed. Also looks like synchrony reports your scores to (at least experian) more than once a month. 

Message 3 of 4
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@BR  good job in getting it fixed. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.