Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor or Credit Reporting Agency

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Creditor or Credit Reporting Agency

I saw that CK-Wallethub-Creditwise show a 1 point drop (I know it's VS and doesn't really count) but nothing should have caused a negative change.

Wallethub and Creditwise doesn't show a What Happened scenario so I had to rely on CK for some type of reason that may have caused a change.

2 changes were shown:

1. Decrease in credit card balance-Cerulean

2. Remark added to account-Cerulean

When I checked the remark it was:

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Huh!! I never disputed anything.

This is showing on TRANS only as of this writing EX and EQ have not updated this account but I imagine this remark will pop up on them also when they update.

The only thing I can surmise that may have caused this to occur is... I called Cerulean credit card account because EX had not updated my Cerulean account in 2 months and they said they will check the problem with EX and make sure it updates. (I told them Trans and EQ were updating properly).

My question is:

Should I contact Cerulean for removal of the remark or will I have to contact all three of the CRAs for removal of the remark?

Who is responsible for the insertion of the Remark?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Creditor or Credit Reporting Agency

That's considered direct dispute, you initiated it and remark is direct result of your request.

Now you need to wait for "investigation" to be completed.

Remark will be removed once it's completed. 

Message 2 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

That's considered direct dispute, you initiated it and remark is direct result of your request.

Not always. I asked Target to off schedule report and they did, but listed it as a dispute. It's still on my reports over a year later. Haven't bothered to contact them as the remarks don't affect me negatively.

Message 3 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Oh wow you learn something new everyday. I thought to dispute something you had to state you wanted to open a dispute. I called myself just calling my credit card issuer and notifying them that EX was lagging behind in reporting the account and could they look into it getting updated if it was something on their end.

So you're saying by doing that I initated a Direct Dispute (I won't be doing that again).

I have an account (ssl) that was paid off JAN 2020 and after it was paid off:

1. It disappeared off EX (hate I loss a good account time and history I should have had for 10 years)

2. Shows closed on EQ (properly reported)

3. Shows open on Trans with 0 Bal (only installment)

Sometimes disputing stuff can send you down a rabbit hole of terrors so Since it's not harming me I just leave the incorrect info on Trans alone. Don't want to dispute it being actually closed and they do something like remove it like EX.

Message 4 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Oh wow you learn something new everyday. I thought to dispute something you had to state you wanted to open a dispute. I called myself just calling my credit card issuer and notifying them that EX was lagging behind in reporting the account and could they look into it getting updated if it was something on their end.

So you're saying by doing that I initated a Direct Dispute (I won't be doing that again).

1. It disappeared off EX (hate I loss a good account time and history I should have had for 10 years)

Sometimes disputing stuff can send you down a rabbit hole of terrors so Since it's not harming me I just leave the incorrect info on Trans alone. Don't want to dispute it being actually closed and they do something like remove it like EX.

The only time comments will matter is if you have a manual review on an application, and the underwriter thinks it's important. Usually you can just explain what happened and that's the end of that.

Message 5 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Not always. I asked Target to off schedule report and they did, but listed it as a dispute. It's still on my reports over a year later. Haven't bothered to contact them as the remarks don't affect me negatively.

@Remedios  Just saw @Brian_Earl_Spilner reply so that makes me wonder again WHO actually is reponsible for the Insertion of the remark because they would be the party to Remove it.

In case it sticks around for too long.

Even if there is no apparent negative effect it still needs to be removed at some point.

Credit Issuer or Credit Reporting Agency?

Message 6 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Should be always. Just because someone didn't do it right, it doesn't mean that's lender specific. Instructions on any remark removal are pretty clear. 

Account in dispute is temporarily removed from scoring algorithm.

Obviously that didn't affect you at the time you disputed, but it did affect @Iusedtolurk , be it because of age or utilization. 

Message 7 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Remedios  Just saw @Brian_Earl_Spilner reply so that makes me wonder again WHO actually is reponsible for the Insertion of the remark because they would be the party to Remove it.

In case it sticks around for too long.

Even if there is no apparent negative effect it still needs to be removed at some point.

Credit Issuer or Credit Reporting Agency?

The bureaus are only putting what the lender sends them. Lender would have to ask for it to be removed. 

Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Yup, disputing even simplest things can at times go sideways.

Don't worry about the remark.

If it doesn't disappear once dispute is over, all it takes is a phone call to CRA informing them dispute is over and remark should be removed. 

It poofs in a few days. 

Message 9 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Yup, disputing even simplest things can at times go sideways.

Don't worry about the remark.

If it doesn't disappear once dispute is over, all it takes is a phone call to CRA informing them dispute is over and remark should be removed. 

It poofs in a few days. 

Good to know. I'm still Unofficially Gardening so there is no Urgency at the moment. Been working too hard on rebuilding to have even the smallest GREY issues existing. In the future I don't want to be explaining and answering Any questions after a manual review about Anything especially erroneous data.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.