Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different credit score question

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Different credit score question

Goodmorning. I have a question regarding my credit score. My score between Transunion and Equifax have been the same throughout the year. But a few days ago my Equifax score jumped up 42 points. My Transunion jumped up 3 points. The odd thing about the extreme different is. The things that have changed on both reports, are the same. A few points per three accounts, were the things that had changed. Transunion shows the samething. But there is no explanation to why my Equifax jumped up 42 points. Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. Lol. But it would be great to find out why and why Transunion is no longer consistent. My only guess to the major jump in my Equifax is, back during August and September, I'd paid off my ast two collection agency debts that are now showing the positive results. Anyways. Does anyone have a general idea of what's going on? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Different credit score question

Are you talking about Vantage scores or FICO scores?  If Vantage, do you really care?  If FICO, which FICO?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 3
Phana24
Regular Contributor

Re: Different credit score question

@legacys7 wrote:

Goodmorning. I have a question regarding my credit score. My score between Transunion and Equifax have been the same throughout the year. But a few days ago my Equifax score jumped up 42 points. My Transunion jumped up 3 points. The odd thing about the extreme different is..........., I'd paid off my ast two collection agency debts that are now showing the positive results. Anyways. Does anyone have a general idea of what's going on? Thanks.

As a previous answer noted, are we talking FICO or Vantage scores, or a combo?  Also, if they're FICO, I believe F-8 and F-9 handle paaid collections differently.  When citing scores, you really have to specify.  IFF they are both FICO-8, I would suggest pulling your free credit report in a couple of weeks and comparing the two.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.