cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion (Deorgatory Accounts Removed from your Report Early)

tag
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion (Deorgatory Accounts Removed from your Report Early)

Today, I submitted an EE request for a collection account scheduled to drop off 5/24 online with TU. It was removed from my credit report within seconds. 

Message 11 of 24
Twotimesacharm
Regular Contributor

@quikj9 wrote:

Today, I submitted an EE request for a collection account scheduled to drop off 5/24 online with TU. It was removed from my credit report within seconds. 

Did you dispute directly with TransUnion online, or a third party site (like Credit Karma)? 

Message 12 of 24
sdtrew
Established Member

I dispute with TransUnion online 6 months early and accounts are removed instantly. I've been doing this since November and successfully gotten 5 accounts removed. I never call. 

Message 13 of 24
Twotimesacharm
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I actually disputed online and it was deleted right away as well. It was 3 months out. Disputed with Experian, too, but no word back yet. Fingers crossed!

Message 14 of 24
Yoshi74

Thanks, in a matter of minutes item set to fall off in April 2024 was removed from TU.  I guess I have to wait for the other two.  EX and EQ didn't have a fall of date listed. EX has a June 2017 account closed date and EQ has a May 2017 account close date. I will then wait to contact EX in May and  EQ in June.  Or do you think I can dispute showing that it is no longer reported on my TU account? Due to them being separate entities, will it even matter?

Thanks

Message 15 of 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Yoshi74 wrote:

Thanks, in a matter of minutes item set to fall off in April 2024 was removed from TU.  I guess I have to wait for the other two.  EX and EQ didn't have a fall of date listed. EX has a June 2017 account closed date and EQ has a May 2017 account close date. I will then wait to contact EX in May and  EQ in June.  Or do you think I can dispute showing that it is no longer reported on my TU account? Due to them being separate entities, will it even matter?

Thanks

No, it won't matter. What happens is they can remove the item on their own if it falls within the exclusion date or they can send a request to the creditor to verify dates. I would not mess with EQ. As mentioned before, they are prone to mess up. The worst thing is to end up with a split file.

If you're lucky all the derogatories can come off earlier than the exclusion times on their own. That's what happened to me. My final derogatories on all 3 bureaus were set to fall off this month, but they were all removed by October of last year. The only EE I requested was from TU at the 6 months mark. I suspect they sent a validation to the creditors and the creditors withdrew the accounts from all the bureaus. So TU came off either instantly or within a day. They came off the other bureaus over the next month or two. 

Message 16 of 24
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

It's been a few years, but I called up TU regarding mistakes on my report, i.e. wrong address, wrong middle initial... The CSR was fantastic. Everything I mentioned she agreed to instantly remove/fix. I threw in a baddie that had well over a year to go. Two years? She said sure. It was gone. 

Message 17 of 24
jcfinc12

I like calling, as the last thing I want is an online contact "early exclusion request, this is not a dispute",  to end up being just another 30 day bureau/creditor dispute that goes no where and locks my file until completed. Has happened to me multiple times.

Trans Union is easy (disputing online) within the 3 month mark, but an online request with Equifax or Experian will normally end in a locked file for 30 days with no positive results.

Even by phone, I have had them file a "dispute", just to appease me, in an effort to sell me credit monitoring. In all cases that I have called (and been sucessful), the agent says this will be off the bureau in 24-48 hours, anything else out of their mouth should send up caution flags.

Message 18 of 24
Sbrav77
Contributor

I agree totally with the Equifax statement.  I tried to remove a charged off credit card account that's due to age off in June. Now, my time since last late payment is showing as 1 month on Equifax and correctly showing 5 years 11 months on Transunion and Experian. I'm assuming that's why my Equifax score took an almost 20 point hit initially.  It's slowly climbing again.

Message 19 of 24
Dreamy_Surf

Hi! Im new here =) Thank you!

Can late payments be EE'd? Or only Full/closed/CO derogatory accounts?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.