cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Equifax lost my dispute, and then didn't honor another one. What can I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP Equifax lost my dispute, and then didn't honor another one. What can I do?

So I pulled a few websites where I can complain on CFPB and I will do that. Basically, I submitted a dispute about 15 pages in a packet via mail certified mail return receipt mailed Sept 8th, signed for by them via a name and printed acceptance on Sept 11th. It was for an apartment that has errors and at least it is off Experian (though the dispute is not done...) after I mailed them but I called Equifax today to ask why it is past 30 days and I still have not heard back on my dispute and to please delete it as it is past the 30 days at this point. Well, they don't have it. They said they never got it and there is no dispute so the 30 days doesn't apply. I'm sorry but isn't that the point of my mailing it ceritifed mail with return receipt? It says here you DID get it, if you lost it, that's not my problem. So now, I have to fax alllllllll those pages again and pay for that becuase THEY lost my dispute AND wait another 30 days......problem is, I was declined for an apartment today on the 14th because they pulled Equifax and that **bleep** apartments that is screwing me over is still on there so I have suffered from this and my lease is up and I need to move now. I guess I will resend the dispute and call lawyers tomorrow but what was the point of proof if they just say oh well we don't have it even though we SIGNED FOR IT? What can I do? I will send this with the resdisute again too btw....

Not as important but I also sent in a packet notarized fraud from my bank saying the inquiry on there is fraud back in May. They mailed me a letter saying it was deleted b/c of this. They never deleted it. I asked about that and guess what, I have re-send all that info, too, even though they see the papers (which apparently expire after 90 days) and see the confirmation I gave them where they told me they deleted it!

I also can't verify the past 2 months via IVR or agent questions (lots of people have this issue) even when I give correct answers. 

I hate Equifax. They are the absolute worse of the bureas and I want to sue them for this or something. Any ideas besides my redisputing, messaging lawyers to see if any credit lawyers wanna help, and CFPB bc I will be doing all of those?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HELP Equifax lost my dispute, and then didn't honor another one. What can I do?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pulled a few websites where I can complain on CFPB and I will do that. Basically, I submitted a dispute about 15 pages in a packet via mail certified mail return receipt mailed Sept 8th, signed for by them via a name and printed acceptance  on Sept 11th. It was for an apartment that has errors and at least it is off Experian (though the dispute is not done...) after I mailed them but I called Equifax today to ask why it is past 30 days and I still have not heard back on my dispute and to please delete it as it is past the 30 days at this point. Well, they don't have it. They said they never got it and there is no dispute so the 30 days doesn't apply. I'm sorry but isn't that the point of my mailing it ceritifed mail with return receipt? It says here you DID get it, if you lost it, that's not my problem. So now, I have to fax alllllllll those pages again and pay for that becuase THEY lost my dispute AND wait another 30 days......problem is, I was declined for an apartment today on the 14th because they pulled Equifax and that **bleep** apartments that is screwing me over is still on there so I have suffered from this and my lease is up and I need to move now. I guess I will resend the dispute and call lawyers tomorrow but what was the point of proof if they just say oh well we don't have it even though we SIGNED FOR IT? What can I do? I will send this with the resdisute again too btw....

Not as important but I also sent in a packet notarized fraud from my bank saying the inquiry on there is fraud back in May.  mailed me a letter saying it was deleted b/c of this. They never deleted it. I asked about that and guess what, I have re-send all that info, too, even though they see the papers (which apparently expire after 90 days) and see the confirmation I gave them where they told me they deleted it!

I also can't verify the past 2 months via IVR or agent questions (lots of people have this issue) even when I give correct answers. 

I hate Equifax. They are the absolute worse of the bureas and I want to sue them for this or something. Any ideas besides my redisputing, messaging lawyers to see if any credit lawyers wanna help, and CFPB bc I will be doing all of those?

What kind of errors do you want deleted?

What is it thats messing with you?

Who committed fraud with a HP?

Need more details.

Message 2 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: HELP Equifax lost my dispute, and then didn't honor another one. What can I do?

OP, this is a lot to take in. Do you have 3 different disputes in process?

*Equifax

*previous apt

*fraud

I definitely suggest filing a complaint with CFPB RE: Equifax 

Now, the problem with getting a new lease. Why exactly were you declined? Do you owe previous landlord monies?  Do you have baddies on your CRs?

In order to understand your predicament, we need add'l info. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So all the details don't matter, guys. I have an old apartments on my report with so much wrong I can't get into it all here, and it would serve no purpose. I sent them 25 pages worth of evidence why its wrong.

The point I was asking is simply I sent a dispute to Equifax by mail, they received and signed for it on Sept. 11th, yet they claim they never received it and thus did not investigate it at all. I already refaxed all the papers to them on Friday. My question, was, when we send a dispute to them, in general, and they sign for it, can they just claim they never got it like that and oh well for us? The 30 days doesn't apply? They are not held acountable? 

The fraud thing you don't need details, it's nt about fraud, you guys are focsuing on the disputes and the details and this was about Equifax messing up. I wanted to know how to hold them accountable. 

I had frad inquiries on my report last year. I sent this to them in May the report that was ptoof fo them to delete it. They sent me a letter saying they will delte it, never deleted it, and when I called they now want me to resend all the proof again even though they have the proof in front of them. None of the details matter, they already agreed to remove it, but then they ddin't. Again, this is not about the disputes, this is about their mistakes and incmpetences in handling both these matters and I want to know how to hold them accountable for this and why if they receive a dispute, and don't investigate, after 30 days I was told it automaticaally comes off they they claim they never got it so that itsn't the case even though they signed for it. How can they get away with that? Can i report this to someone else to force them to make Equifax emove it bc of that account?

I guess I over shared too much info and you guys got confused and now are focued on details I should have just made this my original post:  I mailed Equifax a dispute they signed for themsevles on sept 11th but they claim they never got it so they didnt investigate it. Now I had to resend it to have them investiage it. How is that ok and why are they not held accountable for this?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, i know what is on my report and why I was declined... I don't need help with that, I understand what is going on, I have those apartments on Equifax and Transuninion (already disputed with them) and thus I can't move into an apartment that pulls either of those (LeasingDesk pulls equifax) until it comes off those. 

Not the issue I want to discuss. Just want to hold Equifax accountable for this losing my dispute

Message 5 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty much answered your own question. File CFPB complaint, and contact a lawyer. That's probably all you really can do at this point.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 7
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

You also have the option to file a complaint with your State Attorney General (the division that handles consumer affairs). Reading more recent articles has me wondering what is going on with EQ.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.