cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to show.

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to sho

So you got "default judgement was entered in my favor".

Then ask a question:

"Initiate arbitration through the Better Business Bureau, or pursue this through another path".

If you won in court. Why are you looking at other ways thru the BBB or another path?

What did the judge say. Do they have to pay or what?

Message 11 of 30
Bilbo_Bagels

Re: I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to sho

That court hearing was a surgical procedure in a process that moves on towards an end goal.  Do they have to pay?  Of course they do at the present time.  But look at the broader picture here.  I'm not helbent on collecting that money.  Not a all.  The result of that hearing, which frankly was expected, allows me to leverage an end goal that is far more important to me.  I'll report back when I get to the endzone.  

Message 12 of 30
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

You might want to do some more research.  There's a possibility that Verizon could claim you waived your right to arbitration because you first filed the lawsuit in court.  Courts have ruled that engaging in litigation can waive arbitration rights. You need to see how your courts have ruled regarding the issue.  If the arbitration provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, you should also include your federal courts in that research.

Message 13 of 30
MrFiah
New Contributor

I don't know you, and I wish you the best, but I don't think you are as slick as you think you are. 

First, you admit it was a valid CO.  If so, move on, you missed payments.  People that try to skate by in life on technicalities really bother me.

Second, it looks like you have three different timelines on this event, possibly two.  One scenario, it was paid off 10 days after charge off, then 3 weeks, and then 2 months.  Did this happen in 01/21 or 11/21, or two different things and you have multiple charge offs?  I am guessing it's the same as you state that you only have one derogatory on your report.

SmartSelect_20230929_231011_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230929_230931_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230929_230756_Chrome.jpg

Message 14 of 30
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@MrFiah wrote:

I don't know you, and I wish you the best, but I don't think you are as slick as you think you are. 

First, you admit it was a valid CO.  If so, move on, you missed payments.  People that try to skate by in life on technicalities really bother me.

Second, it looks like you have three different timelines on this event, possibly two.  One scenario, it was paid off 10 days after charge off, then 3 weeks, and then 2 months.  Did this happen in 01/21 or 11/21, or two different things and you have multiple charge offs?  I am guessing it's the same as you state that you only have one derogatory on your report.

SmartSelect_20230929_231011_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230929_230931_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230929_230756_Chrome.jpg

Slick enough he got a judgment, and my point on with my post earlier about the experts here....

Message 15 of 30
MrFiah
New Contributor

Ah, yes...I am one of those annoying people that believe in owning up to your past.  How foolish of me.  

I supposed it's also slick if you fight a traffic ticket for an offense you committed but you get out of it because the cop didn't show?   

I guess different strokes for different folks.

I see the OP hasn't bothered even trying to have CRA's remove this, which should be easy peasy to do if all the information on the report is incorrect...it's the law after all.  

Notes_230930_210225_64a.jpg

Message 16 of 30
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@MrFiah wrote:

Ah, yes...I am one of those annoying people that believe in owning up to your past.  How foolish of me.  

I supposed it's also slick if you fight a traffic ticket for an offense you committed but you get out of it because the cop didn't show?   

I see the OP hasn't bothered even trying to have CRA's remove this, which should be easy peasy to do if all the information on the report is incorrect...it's the law after all.  

Made you should go on your high horse and gallop to the banks that destroyed the economy in 2008 with the greed and continued to get money even after doing it again and again, or the banks that funnel illegal money or open accounts without customers knowledge...

I must be slick than, because I have always won on traffic photo radar BS fraud tickets.... Thats what they are...

Offense? Yeah, the financial world is full of them and the CEOs are raking in Smiley Happy and instead you come in and just dissect in your perfect little mind, what you perceive as right or wrong….

PS telecommunications with all the junk and BS fees can go pound sand, they are as corrupt as the banks, the OP has in my book done well.....After all $1k is whats being charged for a iphone that loses its value in over a year...

Message 17 of 30
MrFiah
New Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@MrFiah wrote:

Made you should go on your high horse and gallop to the banks that destroyed the economy in 2008 with the greed and continued to get money even after doing it again and again, or the banks that funnel illegal money or open accounts without customers knowledge...

Well this came out of left field...if anyone is missing a random tangent, it's over here.  I didn't realize we were talking about banks and the 2008 housing bubble.   While we've at it.....blah blah blah 1990's dot com bubble burst.....blah blah blah 1980's farm crisis...

I must be slick than, because I have always won on traffic photo radar BS fraud tickets.... Thats what they are...

More power to you, i guess.  I am fine owning up to my mistakes.  If you arent, thats fine too.

Offense? Yeah, the financial world is full of them and the CEOs are raking in Smiley Happy and instead you come in and just dissect in your perfect little mind, what you perceive as right or wrong….

More random blathering about something unrelated?  Oh, just so I'm clear, youre telling me I shouldn't dissect what's right and wrong while your entire response is telling me what's right, wrong, good, bad?  Kettle meet pot.

PS telecommunications with all the junk and BS fees can go pound sand, they are as corrupt as the banks, the OP has in my book done well.....After all $1k is whats being charged for a iphone that loses its value in over a year...

P.s.  Never in recorded history has anyone ever been forced to buy an iPhone for $1k.  There are perfectly fine phones that are $150 to $200.  So don't be pissed that at the telecommunications industry because you bought one.

Have a pleasant evening, friend 

Message 18 of 30
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@MrFiah wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@MrFiah wrote:

Well this came out of left field...if anyone is missing a random tangent, it's over here.  I didn't realize we were talking about banks and the 2008 housing bubble.   While we've at it.....blah blah blah 1990's dot com bubble burst.....blah blah blah 1980's farm crisis...

More power to you, i guess.  I am fine owning up to my mistakes.  If you arent, thats fine too.

More random blathering about something unrelated?  Oh, just so I'm clear, youre telling me I shouldn't dissect what's right and wrong while your entire response is telling me what's right, wrong, good, bad?  Kettle meet pot.

P.s.  Never in recorded history has anyone ever been forced to buy an iPhone for $1k.  There are perfectly fine phones that are $150 to $200.  So don't be pissed that at the telecommunications industry because you bought one.

Have a pleasant evening, friend 

LoL...Missed my points to make yourself feel better....Thanks I need the laugh since its Monday my friend....Stay strong out there 

Message 19 of 30
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Let's play nice all .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.