cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to show.

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Re: I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to sho

Just an FYI...Verizon are liars and they are full of employees that lie and could put you into a CO position because they dont bother to read notes.....I canceled my service with them and they failed to cancel on the date I requested, instead they let it go on untill my cycle ended. Said supervisor stated a set amount I would owe to close out my account and now that amount has been added by $300, being with them since 2012, does nothing. Lucky I have legal shield to write letters, but I will be **bleep** if I pay them anymore than what they put down as notes to finale bill would and what I would owe. 

Message 21 of 30
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Re: I sued Verizon Wireless for over $1K in small claims court (FCRA voilations). They failed to sho

Just an update on my issue with Verizon.....

Verizon is complete garbage...period. While the OP paid his charges after the Verizon did a charge off.....I paid my bill and put into dispute with my CC since Verizon is all over the place with my account and I am getting calls from different reps who dont know whats going on. I just got an email from TSI on behalf of Verizon that they are trying to collect a debt on behalf of Verizon. So they sent my account into collections, which is fine, because there is still a dispute on my Verizon account that Verizon refuses to acknowledge 

Message 22 of 30
MrFiah
New Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Verizon is complete garbage...period. While the OP paid his charges after the Verizon did a charge off.....I paid my bill and put into dispute with my CC since Verizon is all over the place with my account and I am getting calls from different reps who dont know whats going on. I just got an email from TSI on behalf of Verizon that they are trying to collect a debt on behalf of Verizon. So they sent my account into collections, which is fine, because there is still a dispute on my Verizon account that Verizon refuses to acknowledge 

Probably should have read your CSA....

SmartSelect_20240115_193726_Chrome.jpg

Message 23 of 30
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@MrFiah wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Verizon is complete garbage...period. While the OP paid his charges after the Verizon did a charge off.....I paid my bill and put into dispute with my CC since Verizon is all over the place with my account and I am getting calls from different reps who dont know whats Kagoing on. I just got an email from TSI on behalf of Verizon that they are trying to collect a debt on behalf of Verizon. So they sent my account into collections, which is fine, because there is still a dispute on my Verizon account that Verizon refuses to acknowledge 

Maybe understand whats going on buddy, they are complete garbage. Got a tip from a Verizon rep who even stated they will try to bury consumers, even when the Verizon Reps cause the issues and legal is the route to go. They agreed to remove the charges and zero account to $0, if I agree to send back the Iphone 14 pro. I am ok with doing that after 10 years of them, I will be glad to get rid of them

Message 24 of 30
MrFiah
New Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@MrFiah wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Verizon is complete garbage...period. While the OP paid his charges after the Verizon did a charge off.....I paid my bill and put into dispute with my CC since Verizon is all over the place with my account and I am getting calls from different reps who dont know whats Kagoing on. I just got an email from TSI on behalf of Verizon that they are trying to collect a debt on behalf of Verizon. So they sent my account into collections, which is fine, because there is still a dispute on my Verizon account that Verizon refuses to acknowledge 

Maybe understand whats going on buddy, they are complete garbage. Got a tip from a Verizon rep who even stated they will try to bury consumers, even when the Verizon Reps cause the issues and legal is the route to go. They agreed to remove the charges and zero account to $0, if I agree to send back the Iphone 14 pro. I am ok with doing that after 10 years of them, I will be glad to get rid of them

Oh, I thought what was going on is that your Verizon account was sent to a collections agency because you canceled your account mid billing cycle and didn't pay for the entire final billing cycle as is stated in the CSA.

Message 25 of 30
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Bilbo_Bagels  I had an issue with a cell phone company. My service was horrible. I went in to a couple of its stores and asked where within 20 miles I could receive the service I was paying. They had no answer. I live in a major metropolitan area.

Part of my job is utilizing Small Claims Court. I have gone to SCC over 250 times in several states. I have never lost a case. I sent a copy of a claim to the HQ after I switched cell companies, stopped paying, and was reported as past due. I was suing for the max in my state. I received a call from a VP. After he identified himself he asked, how much did I want to go away. I said just remove the derogatory information from my CR and go away. They did.

Message 26 of 30
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

@Bilbo_Bagels  I had an issue with a cell phone company. My service was horrible. I went in to a couple of its stores and asked where within 20 miles I could receive the service I was paying. They had no answer. I live in a major metropolitan area.

Part of my job is utilizing Small Claims Court. I have gone to SCC over 250 times in several states. I have never lost a case. I sent a copy of a claim to the HQ after I switched cell companies, stopped paying, and was reported as past due. I was suing for the max in my state. I received a call from a VP. After he identified himself he asked, how much did I want to go away. I said just remove the derogatory information from my CR and go away. They did.

👏 Congratulations! 
Message 27 of 30
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@GreatLife Thank you. FWIW, the only times I had full service with that phone was when I was in Nashville. All the bars were available. The phone screen looked so strange. 😁 

If the amount of time passes and Verizon doesn't object to the judgment, get the paperwork from the court to garnish its bank account. I've done it. It's not hard. Good luck!!

Message 28 of 30
FicoMike0
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Saw you at the movies this weekend, Bilbo.

Message 29 of 30
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Bilbo_Bagels  please let those that care know what happened. Thank you.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.