Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Already on Credit Reports!

tag
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Merrick Already on Credit Reports!

Hello everyone. On November 3rd I applied and was approved for a Merrick Double Your Line Card. I was shocked to find out that it has already been reported to TransUnion and Experian- I don't even have the card yet!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Merrick Already on Credit Reports!

Probably auto send once it was created.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shalimarcat wrote:

Hello everyone. On November 3rd I applied and was approved for a Merrick Double Your Line Card. I was shocked to find out that it has already been reported to TransUnion and Experian- I don't even have the card yet!

Me too! In December I applied from the credit Karma website but I didn't get an instant approval, since they needed more info to verify my identity. 2 days later I called them and answered a few questions and was instantly approved for a SL of $1,000. A few minutes after hanging up the phone my Experian alerted me of my new account!  Great for rebuilding.

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

Me too! In December I applied from the credit Karma website but I didn't get an instant approval, since they needed more info to verify my identity. 2 days later I called them and answered a few questions and was instantly approved for a SL of $1,000. A few minutes after hanging up the phone my Experian alerted me of my new account!  Great for rebuilding.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 8
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@shalimarcat 

If you were to pull your three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com do you see the actual account listed?  I am guessing that since the original post was back in November (so, two full months ago at the time of my post) that you would see the Merrick revolver listed now.  As you have had at least one "Statement Cycle" (if not two).

I know that you get an alert from the different Credit Reporting Agencies upon a new Hard Pull and upon a new "credit account" being issued (assuming, of course, that you have an account with the appropriate parties - myfico.com or credit.com or the three CRA's, if not numerous others), but you typically do not see said account on the actual credit reports until there has been at least one statement generated by said creditor.

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Yes, the account showed up on my credit reports before I received the card. I was shocked, as I also thought it wouldn't report until a statement generated. Shortly, after that it showed up on Equifax, as well. Very speedy, and raised my score quite a bit. 

Message 6 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@shalimarcat 

If you were to pull your three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com do you see the actual account listed?  I am guessing that since the original post was back in November (so, two full months ago at the time of my post) that you would see the Merrick revolver listed now.  As you have had at least one "Statement Cycle" (if not two).

I know that you get an alert from the different Credit Reporting Agencies upon a new Hard Pull and upon a new "credit account" being issued (assuming, of course, that you have an account with the appropriate parties - myfico.com or credit.com or the three CRA's, if not numerous others), but you typically do not see said account on the actual credit reports until there has been at least one statement generated by said creditor.

Not necessarily. My recently acquired Penfed PCR already reported to my credit even though the first statement hasn't even been generated. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 8
Rayw23
Valued Member

@shalimarcat wrote:

How long did it take to get the card? Mine came almost emediately but my wife's on report but still hasn't received yet

@shalimarcat wrote:

how long did it take to arrive? Mine was quick but my wife's seems to be taking forever. But it too is on report already

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.