Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed my mark

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Missed my mark

I was trying desperately to bring my AMEX balance from $10 to $1, TU seems to react with the smallest change but since my balance was .02 cents, would it report as $0 or $1?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Missed my mark

@babbles wrote:

I was trying desperately to bring my AMEX balance from $10 to $1, TU seems to react with the smallest change but since my balance was .02 cents, would it report as $0 or $1?

That seems a bit extreme.  Unless Amex has balance chased you to the point of absurdity where $10 would put you beyond a utilization threshhold, that difference is unlikely to matter whatsoever.  It's possible a balance of $0.02 would just be written off (many lenders do this for amounts under a dollar or two) and report as $0 because your statement balance would actually be $0.  If they do report the $0.02 balance it would be reported as $1.

Message 2 of 13
babbles
Established Contributor

I know it seems absurd but TU just won't let me get a perfect score, was 4 points away then my balance increased by a $2 so the dinged me a point but NFCU told me what I already knew,, my cycle balance was  2 cents! Smiley Happy  I figure if it zeros out I may still take a hit somewhere, just a personal goal!

Message 3 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Let age and not whats reported let you hit the mark. Some things just dont make sense at all. Even a few dollars. Let your AAoA or oldest account age a few months and keep paying the same.

EX.JPG

Message 4 of 13
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@babbles wrote:

Are you talking about TU from the likes of CreditKarma, or TU via one of the FICO scores?  I ask because what you've reported sounds a lot like a Vantage 3.0/FAKO score.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 5 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@babbles wrote:

If you want it to report a balance you should let it report at least $5 or $10.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 13
babbles
Established Contributor

I should have clarified, my Fico 3B report

Message 7 of 13
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

If your statement balance is $0.02 then it would likely be listed as $0 on a TU report. Then you would be hit with a no recent revolving activity penalty - assuming no other cards report a balance.

Just report a balance above $2 but less than 5% of the card's CL each month.

Btw - what is the card's Credit limit?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 13
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@babbles It will report as $0 on TU. I paid my MC down to 0.05 cents just to see as I learn about credit reporting and it reports as zero on TU. And my score dropped 11 points for it on TU like you said it appears they are sensitive as it brought me to AZEO. EQ and EX didn't bat an eye at it. 

Message 9 of 13
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks BP,  I know it seems trivial  but I have a personal goal so like a poster stated earlier, I'll just have to sit back and wait it out!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.