Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on comenity reporting

tag
Tcal
Regular Contributor

Question on comenity reporting

My recently approved AAA Daily Advantage visa just showed up on my Experian, which instantly improved my score by a good 16 points. 

However, when I looked at what they're reporting, they're reporting it a charge card?!? 

Am I missing something and didn't apply for a credit card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question on comenity reporting

No, you didn't miss anything. My Zales card by Comenity also reports as a charge card. But if you look at the "terms," it's listed as "revolving." So all is well.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Tcal
Regular Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

No, you didn't miss anything. My Zales card by Comenity also reports as a charge card. But if you look at the "terms," it's listed as "revolving." So all is well.

Thanks. I'm still a Lil new to this stuff. I wasn't sure if that was going to have a detrimental impact on things

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Tcal wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Thanks. I'm still a Lil new to this stuff. I wasn't sure if that was going to have a detrimental impact on things

Well if anything, a charge card could potentially help with utilization, because balances on charge cards aren't factored into your utilization calculations. However, if you were relying on the credit limit to help increase your overall credit/lower your utilization, then yes, it could potentially be detrimental in a way because it wouldn't help those stats any if it reported as a charge card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.