Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Change?

I recently had a car reposession removed from my credit. It was a situation where the company had to remove it as if it never happened in the first place. I don't really know how to describe it without going into too many details. When will I see an improvement in my score and about how much of an increase can I expect?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Score Change?

Without some type of details about your credit utilization, collections, inquiries, installment loans, revolving credit etc.  Score change opinions will be hard to gauge. Has the repossession actually been removed or is it scheduled to be removed? 

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been removed since the end of January. I have three things in collections adding up to $3500. I also have student loans that are in good standing and a car loan also with on time payments (approximately $100k all together) That's basically all I have on there. The inquiries are high. When I bought my car I didn't realize they would try every company to exist... that was done in September of last year. I have a previous car loan showing on there that had all on time payments and was paid off.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Collections are a negative as a collection on their own. Amount isnt considered with FICO unless under $100. Once the repo is gone. You still have the 3 collections. The best scenario score rise will be once the last collection is gone. No baddies. You can drop down to 1 collection, no repo, and 2 of the 3 collections gone and still that one can supress your score. The older the better. But still a pretty good ding to scores. With the repo gone. The needle isnt going to move much. Should take 30 days to drop off.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.