Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion is report late payments every few months

tag
Renegade80

TransUnion is report late payments every few months

Hi all, 

my TU score has been much lower than my other scores for a while now. I disputed it in 2021 because they were/are falsely reporting late payments which I have no actual late payments. They told me they couldn't find anything on their end. I wrote it off as a glitch. Fast forward to now, today I refreshed my fico report and sure enough another late payment a month ago. I said enough is enough. I logged into TU and found 5 accounts I included in bankruptcy 4 years ago are showing as a grayed out "x" and all but 2 have "updated" or showed the gray "x" as of March 2023. I'm thinking this is where the "late payments" are coming from. Can anyone else confirm or have any experience with this? The TU dispute process is easy but their follow through and thoroughness leave a lot to be desired. Just wondering how to go about disputing these "late payments" with TU before moving up to CFPB. 

thanks in advance

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 740

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: TransUnion is report late payments every few months

Where are you seeing these mistakes? CK or some other Vantage site? Pull your real TU report from annualcreditreport.com and check it out.

Message 2 of 4
Renegade80

I found the late payment on my fico report directly from the website. The report from TransUnion is where I found the reporting of the old accounts IIB. I'll try the annual credit report as well. 

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 740

Message 3 of 4
ant79

Hi @Renegade80,  I am unfortunately going through the exact same thing presently. Did you ever get this resolved?

I have gotten my credit report directly from Transunion but cannot find any "late payments" on my  transunion report (and I have not had any late payments since my BK 6+ years ago) but MyFICO is  saying that I do. I've called them several times and disputed several times but to no avail. I took a few months off from worrying about it but now it's causing me to not get CLI's or new cc's. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.