Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion claiming they never received the update creditor sent

tag
2018VolvoS90
Established Member

Transunion claiming they never received the update creditor sent

Hi everyone looking for some advice. I had a dispute open with the CFBP to have a late payment that happened during Covid removed. The creditor is stating that my account is current and no late payments are on there and they sent over that update February 6th. Transunion is stating they never received that update. I have my credit being repulled tomorrow for a mortgage and this late payment on transunion is on my middle score. I'm 6 points away from being where I need to be (=> 720) and I'm 80% confident once this late payment is removed that it will get me there. I've reached out to transunion and the creditor and they are just playing the blame game. How can I get this resolved? 

12 REPLIES 12
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion claiming they never received the update creditor sent

Would the underwriter accept a statement from creditor stating the account is in good standing? You could call and ask. Also maybe you should post this question in the mortgage forum to get the right eyes on your question. 

Message 2 of 13
Hex
Valued Contributor

You're not supposed to cross -post but because of the recent moderator changes here I'm not sure if it would get moved quickly enough for you if you wait. Seems time sensitive. 

Message 3 of 13
wonton1

Complain to them on Twitter. That helped me in a few hours. I had to complain to equifax and TU. TU fixed the issue quickly. 

Message 4 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@2018VolvoS90 wrote:

Hi everyone looking for some advice. I had a dispute open with the CFBP to have a late payment that happened during Covid removed. The creditor is stating that my account is current and no late payments are on there and they sent over that update February 6th. Transunion is stating they never received that update. I have my credit being repulled tomorrow for a mortgage and this late payment on transunion is on my middle score. I'm 6 points away from being where I need to be (=> 720) and I'm 80% confident once this late payment is removed that it will get me there. I've reached out to transunion and the creditor and they are just playing the blame game. How can I get this resolved? 

You already had the creditor confirm with the CFPB that they have sent correct information to Transunion - you're lined up to take the next step.

File a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for incorrect reporting of correct information that the creditor has confirmed was sent. In your complaint reference your original complaint against the creditor and that the creditor's response to that CFPB complaint was that as of February 6 they have provided current and accurate information to Transunion.   Doing that will make it more difficult for Transunion to deflect blame.

Don't be surprised if Transunion's response to the complaint is full of snark, but they do take non-frivolous CFPB complaints seriously.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 13
2018VolvoS90
Established Member

Like direct message them or tag them? 

@wonton1 wrote:

Complain to them on Twitter. That helped me in a few hours. I had to complain to equifax and TU. TU fixed the issue quickly. 

Message 6 of 13
wonton1

For transunion, I sent them a DM. They answered with some nonsense at first, then I told them they were wrong, and they finally escalated it! It was fixed a few hours after that which is unusual for TU. 

**Transunion didn't update a 10k CC payment and EX/EQ updated a week earlier.

I had to send them a payment receipt for the CC though along with whatever Experian was reporting at the time. They use your email so you don't even need to send them any personal info.

It actually worked though and I was able to rate-lock a mortgage within a few hours after the first DM.

Message 7 of 13
2018VolvoS90
Established Member

@wonton1 wrote:

For transunion, I sent them a DM. They answered with some nonsense at first, then I told them they were wrong, and they finally escalated it! It was fixed a few hours after that which is unusual for TU. 

I had to send them a payment receipt for the CC though along with whatever Experian was reporting at the time. They use your email so you don't even need to send them any personal info.

It actually worked though and I was able to rate-lock a mortgage within a few hours after the first DM.

Thank you. I finally got the creditor to give me a letter saying that they are approving the late payment being removed. Now I just need to get transunion to somehow let me email me this and not have to overnight it. The problem here is that a dispute in progress for this account for this issue. I don't want to cancel that dispute in case the creditor is working on this but the letter is what I need. I just fear it's too late for it 

Message 8 of 13
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@2018VolvoS90 wrote:

@wonton1 wrote:

Thank you. I finally got the creditor to give me a letter saying that they are approving the late payment being removed. Now I just need to get transunion to somehow let me email me this and not have to overnight it. The problem here is that a dispute in progress for this account for this issue. I don't want to cancel that dispute in case the creditor is working on this but the letter is what I need. I just fear it's too late for it 

@2018VolvoS90 , contact your loan officer to let him/her know what's going on. They could simply delay the credit pull. But if they need to lock rate before months end the loan officer can do a rapid rescore, once you've received confirmation from Transunion that your dispute was resolved, then do a rate adjustment. Let your loan office walk you through how best to proceed. I've found having good communication/relationship with a loan officer is essential. Most rely on a real estate agent; in my opinion with investment properties, sure, but with my personal homes, loan officer/attorney/accountant is a sure fire recipe for success! Good luck!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 9 of 13
2018VolvoS90
Established Member

@ocheosa wrote:

@2018VolvoS90 wrote:

@wonton1 wrote:

@2018VolvoS90 , contact your loan officer to let him/her know what's going on. They could simply delay the credit pull. But if they need to lock rate before months end the loan officer can do a rapid rescore, once you've received confirmation from Transunion that your dispute was resolved, then do a rate adjustment. Let your loan office walk you through how best to proceed. I've found having good communication/relationship with a loan officer is essential. Most rely on a real estate agent; in my opinion with investment properties, sure, but with my personal homes, loan officer/attorney/accountant is a sure fire recipe for success! Good luck!

Yea it's looking like I'm gonna have no choice but to delay. This would be the third time I'm pushing it back. I'm going to call Transunion today and try to get this resolved. My estimated completion date for my house being built has already been pushed back 3 times. It's now April 6th so we do have time. Ultimately they can't pull it without me unlocking it so they kinda have no choice but to wait I just wish this would be resolved already. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.