Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference?

tag
username7
Contributor

What is the difference?

I know that our cards soft pull us monthly, or whenever they want to but I noticed something I haven't seen before and became curious.. 

What is the difference between account monitor inquiry vs account review inquiry? 

chrome_LMH2VoZaSI.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the difference?

@username7 Where do you check for that, annual credit report?

Message 2 of 4
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Account review is the bank's review of your credit for their own records which may or may not include a FICO score or information for you.

Account monitor is them providing you with your credit snapshot monthly.  AMEX provides you with an actual FICO score and they also provide a FAKO + credit report regularly.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It is primarily used to screen for a preapproval offer or background check. Financial institutions and creditors may want to know whether you are managing your debt and credit history effectively. Creditors might also want to know information such as the number of late payments or your credit usage, such as how much you have borrowed on each loan or credit card. A soft inquiry allows a creditor to review your credit report and credit score to get a sense of how well you are managing your credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.