cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will adding my fiancé as an Authorized user ruin her credit because of my other bad card ?

tag
Jakenava
New Visitor

Will adding my fiancé as an Authorized user ruin her credit because of my other bad card ?

Hi , 

I want to add my fiance as an Authorized user on my Capital One card which has a perfect history .

I have two other cards which have delinquent/bad history and my FICO score is 617 . 

Will adding her as an Authorized user on the perfect Capital one card transfer my bad history (with other two cards) to her Credit report and drag her scroe down?

I found confusing info online about this matter .

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP .

7 REPLIES 7
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Will adding my fiancé as an Authorized user ruin her credit because of my other bad card ?

No, the only thing that will have any affect on her score is the status and history of the account(s) you add her to, that's it.

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Will adding my fiancé as an Authorized user ruin her credit because of my other bad card ?

May I ask why? Hows her credit? You trying to help her history at the same time?

Message 3 of 8
Jakenava
New Visitor

Yes , She is new and has only a secured card for $300 . Wanted her to have a CC with better limit and help her at the same time . 

Message 4 of 8
Epiki71
Regular Contributor

OP,

Welcome to the forum, do you mind sharing what is her fico score? to my understanding, she is a new build and doesn't have any negative on her profile.

Last Signature Update: 03/08/2023

Message 5 of 8
Jakenava
New Visitor

Her score is 711 , but she only has a secured card with $300 limit which she has had now for only a couple of months .  No negatives .

Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Jakenava wrote:

Her score is 711 , but she only has a secured card with $300 limit which she has had now for only a couple of months .  No negatives .

With a score like that she can probably get her own card. I would suggest an Amex Blue Cash Everyday, a Discover IT card, or a Capital One Quicksilver.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, your other bad accounts will not be added to her file. That said, I agree with @SouthJamaica. Her score is pretty good, and if her file is at least 6 months, she can probably get any of the cards mentioned.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.