Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

be VERY VERY careful dealing with CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

be VERY VERY careful dealing with CA

I had and still have a collection account that is reported as "CAPITAL ONE" but the CA that is taking care of this account is named "ALLIANCE ONE". I was and still am really trying to fix my credit so I called Capital one phone number and it automatically took me to an alliance one representative. I agreed to settle the debt which originally was $1456 for $1045. me the idiot!!! these alliance one guys on their part faxed me a letter saying that they will report the item as "SETTLED IN FULL". it all sounds good right. NOT. experian: "SETTLED FOR LESS THAN THE FULL BALANCE" transunion and equifax: collection/ charge off. all 3 with a 0 balance I tried to dispute the account with the CRA's. I sent them the letter that ALLIANCE ONE faxed me as proof of FULL SETTLEMENT. but the CRA's wrote me back that they can not accept the proof I sent them because the account does not show IN MY REPORTS under ALLIANCE ONE but rather under CAPITAL ONE. ALLIANCE ONE has nothing to do with this item. It is now stiiiiiiiiilllllll showing as above and stiiiiiiillll hurting my score. I disputed and disputed and.... NOTHING. don't know what to do here. any advice.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: be VERY VERY careful dealing with CA

I would file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office.  You may be able to do this online.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one that kept reporting settled though it was PIF.  The collector got tired of me bugging them or EQ did and it magically disappeared from the last round of disputes.
Message 3 of 4
Neblett
Regular Contributor

If you still have that PIF letter, then there should be no question.

Submit a copy of that to the CRAs, and they have to honor it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.