cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Quick Loans, Approvals, No HP, etc.

tag
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Quick Loans, Approvals, No HP, etc.

Sorry I am so late responding to this @Wavester64 I am not a DCU memeber so I cannot comment. It looks like a solid offer though. Home schooling is currently winning the battle, but I am determined to win the war. Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 67
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Question: I know, or I should say I read when you see the  gold "Accept Offer" on one of DCU Credit products like below...

Approvals are looking good.

However just seeing a video from "Credit Plug" YT channel concerning such loans, or approvals for quick loans thru DCU, that if approved, does NOT involve a HP from your credit report nor a credit inquiry.

Is this true?

I don't need the loan, but if this is true, I was thinking of taking a loan for $500 or even the full $1000 and pay it off rather quickly to help my credit score that much more and to get in better with DCU to get one of their cards someday.

I already have a savings account with them.

Your thoughts?

@Gmood1 + @nuohlac + @M_Smart007  + @cashorcharge 

Yes, the Gold Accept button mean pre-approved, no HP. And perhaps long term it may help your score with another PIF account, but short term it will hurt your score. While no HP it will still report as a new account which hurts your score. Perhaps you might pay it down to under 9% for the max benefit of an installment loan paid down under 10% of original loan amount, but it depends on the payment how long that benefit would last.

I have the same offer for up to $2k @741051%, so I cautiously hit the accept offer to see the terms: 12 months, and it asks for your monthly income, employer name & how long with them, and if rent or own/with mortgage or free & clear.

I'll pass, I have a car loan w/DCU so don't need an installment loan for credit mix and 10% is about double what I'd be willing to pay.

Message 42 of 67
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Question: I know, or I should say I read when you see the  gold "Accept Offer" on one of DCU Credit products like below...

quick_loan.JPG

However just seeing a video from "Credit Plug" YT channel concerning such loans, or approvals for quick loans thru DCU, that if approved, does NOT involve a HP from your credit report nor a credit inquiry.

Is this true?

I don't need the loan, but if this is true, I was thinking of taking a loan for $500 or even the full $1000 and pay it off rather quickly to help my credit score that much more and to get in better with DCU to get one of their cards someday.

Your thoughts?

Believe it or not, even though I was instantly approved when submitting my initial post, still no sign of any funds 17-days later. I reached out to DCU several times and only once did they get back to me telling me I was instantly approved. I tried calling, but when I hear "1-hour plus" wait, I just hang up. Is this standard DCU practice for loans? Good thing I didn't need this loan. Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 43 of 67
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

quick_loan.JPG

Is this true?

Your thoughts?

Believe it or not, even though I was instantly approved when submitting my initial post, still no sign of any funds 17-days later. I reached out to DCU several times and only once did they get back to me telling me I was instantly approved. I tried calling, but when I hear "1-hour plus" wait, I just hang up. Is this standard DCU practice for loans? Good thing I didn't need this loan. Smiley LOL

Wow! 17 days is ridiculous. I'm glad you're not in a desperate spot. Their wait times are awful in the best of times.

They are currently on my annoyed list. My Platinum card is consistently failing address verification. Even when entered exact. It works at Wally World though, things that make you say hmm.

Message 44 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

quick_loan.JPG

Is this true?

Your thoughts?

When I called them two or so months ago, the IVR popped up and offered for them to call me back once I was on hold. They called me back about two hours later. 

Definitely one of those CUs I'm only happy with when I don't have to call but they pay me $60 a year to have the savings account so it's whatever. 

Over 17 days to get your "quick loan" funds though... yikes!

Message 45 of 67
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

17 days and still no funding from a pre-approved "Quick" Loan, unbelievable!

I've been happy with DCU, I got my car loan in Sept. 2017 at 2.99% for a used 2016 car. But I'm going to refi it away from them, a local CU offered me 1.99% for the remaining balance around 60%. So I'l be keeping my DCU account just for the Savings account.

Message 46 of 67
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I actually did this 4 months ago just because, and they funded my account within 48hrs.

Did you request to be funded in outside account or DCU account?

Message 47 of 67
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I actually did this 4 months ago just because, and they funded my account within 48hrs.

I never got the opportunity. They wont answer my question via chat, they keep referrging to a # that when I call has LONG wait times. And their email, which takes 5+ emails to them before you get one reply, keeps mentioning to call this # or I will be contacted. I keep checking my phone and I dont see that they contacted me. Strange.

Potential Future Cards
Message 48 of 67
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I never got the opportunity. They wont answer my question via chat, they keep referrging to a # that when I call has LONG wait times. And their email, which takes 5+ emails to them before you get one reply, keeps mentioning to call this # or I will be contacted. I keep checking my phone and I dont see that they contacted me. Strange.

Just saw your other thread asking about a DCU checking account, do you currently just have a savings account. It might be a stretch, but possibly the Quick Loan is setup to only deposit the loan proceeds into a DCU checking account.

@CYBERSAMWas your Quick Loan deposited into your DCU checking account?

Message 49 of 67
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@DaveInAZ  Yes it was my checking account.(had to look at my statements) I don't recall if they asked me where to deposit the funds or I did that directly. But with DCU you can transfer funds within internal accounts instantly.

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.