Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Best Buy card on reports

tag
doc101
Regular Contributor

AU on Best Buy card on reports

Pulled my reports on USAA and saw where Best Buy is listed on my EX report. No info listed on EQ or TU. Once I make the payment, should the info be updated to the other 2 CRA's by then? I'm hoping this will help increase my scores

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BadMammaJ

Re: AU on Best Buy card on reports

I would love to know the answer to this as well.  I recently applied and was approved for a Best Buy card, however the pull didn't show up in my credit tracker.  I got my card and the letter states that they ran my Eq report. 

Starting Score Ex: Fako 629 Starting Score Eq: 602 Starting Score TU: 608
Current Score Eq: CK 561
Current Score TU: Walmart 621
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My Wallet: Best Buy $400, Walmart $400, Amazon $700, (2)Cap One $500, Orchard Bank $350, Cap One $1000, Ashley Stewart $1000, GE $1500
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU on Best Buy card on reports

@doc101 wrote:

Pulled my reports on USAA and saw where Best Buy is listed on my EX report. No info listed on EQ or TU. Once I make the payment, should the info be updated to the other 2 CRA's by then? I'm hoping this will help increase my scores

CCs will typically report the balance you had on the statement date and will report that balance starting about 1-2-3-4 days following the statement date. YMMV on the creditor. Depending on the CC, you'll often see it on EX first followed by EQ then TU last. IME, I had quite a few updates where TU would update a week or two following that statement date.

Does the above fit into a scenario as to why you don't see it on EQ or TU? DW and I both have BB CCs (hers is the RZMC and mine the store). They report to all three and fit into what I typed above. Now I haven't followed the reporting as close since CapOne took over, but I'm sure it's similar.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.