cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA posts the same paid collection monthly???

tag
Graceplease
Established Member

CA posts the same paid collection monthly???

I have a medical collection that I paid in February and the CA posts it to my reports each month, so I am getting alerts every month.  I have one other that doesn't update it every month (same status different company).  Any reason why they continue to post???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: CA posts the same paid collection monthly???

@Graceplease wrote:

I have a medical collection that I paid in February and the CA posts it to my reports each month, so I am getting alerts every month.  I have one other that doesn't update it every month (same status different company).  Any reason why they continue to post???

Likely they are updating a part of it, probably the balance... have you checked? The balance may be going up because of interest

Some collections account don't collect interest based on the original contract you had with the OC, or because they don't update every month...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
Graceplease
Established Member

Actually, it is a paid collection and they keep reporting it monthly.
Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

A CA will generally not update after payment.  Have you tried to GW them?   Give it a try.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

op you seem a bit confused.  you state updating and reporting and theres a difference.  if the debt is paid the ca should update the balance to zero and then continue reporting until it falls off or unless you gw for a delete.  if there is no balance owed there would be nothing for them to update monthly so what is changing every month that they keep updating?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I've seen some examples in here of CAs continually updating the TL monthly even after paid. This is evidenced by changes in the reported date to a date months or even years after payoff. Is that the case?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.