Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One goodwill success…I think? UPDATE - Denied

tag
collics
Established Contributor

Cap One goodwill success…I think? UPDATE - Denied

I *THINK* Capital One is gonna delete my 5 late payments. This was the second time spking w them after my email to the ceo Friday. I had to call back bc they went to voicemail while I was working. 

The agent read the notes and confirmed the late payment dates. said it’s going to back office then to the bureaus. I was like “wait so they’re gonna be deleted?!?” She said “well we say updated but the request is going to back office and you’ll get a letter in the mail.
When I asked back on Feb/March they called and told me I didn’t qualify, apologized, and that was it. This time seems very different.

What y’all think?

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One goodwill success…I think?

Sounds promising. Let us know the outcome.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely sounds like they're going to delete/update/remove Smiley Happy Good luck!

Message 3 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

Thanks! That would be 5 late pmts removed. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will def update when i have a sure answer. 

Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just called me Friday and said something similiar. However, she made it clear she was going to remove all 7 late payments and I would receive a letter in the mail confirming this. So congrats!

Message 5 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They just called me Friday and said something similiar. However, she made it clear she was going to remove all 7 late payments and I would receive a letter in the mail confirming this. So congrats!

Congratulations! I definitely hope so. Fingers crossed. 

Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing your goodwill Letter? I have 3 lates from 2016 when I was in college. Been perfect since. Cant get a cli. The card has been stuck at a $500 limit since lol. 

Message 7 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you mind sharing your goodwill Letter? I have 3 lates from 2016 when I was in college. Been perfect since. Cant get a cli. The card has been stuck at a $500 limit since lol. 

I'll be happy to send it to you but may not help

update they ended up denying :-( 

they said the credit dispute department could never get in contact w me to go over the details. I told the rep the time I was available to speak but they called three times during my work hours. So I said what more info do they need? Why can I not spk w them now? I always call back within 5 mins of them leaving a voicemail cause I had to walk away from working to call back. 
he could not give me a straight answer. I just said forget it I won't ask again. 

Doesn't matter. I'll likely close both cap one card by 2023. They aren't very generous with increases and reward structures aren't competitive. 

Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 8 of 11
Lostinthegame
New Contributor

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try again and this time don't let the call go to voicemail. They always call from a 1800xxx7070 number. 

Good luck!

Goal cards:
Message 9 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

@Lostinthegame wrote:

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try again and this time don't let the call go to voicemail. They always call from a 1800xxx7070 number. 

Good luck!

They continued to call during my work hours despite them asking and being told the times I am free to talk. I am not able to answer the phone during work. 
This was my second time trying and I won't ask them again. I'll just wait for them to fall off. 

Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.