Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion

tag
itspaul
Valued Member

Experian Early Exclusion

I have a BK that will be 10 years on 4/16/2022. I got an EE on TU in Octiber 2021, now im tying to get an EE from Experian.

I talked to EX that said they dont do EE on BK, only 30 days early on inquiries. When asked to speak to a supervisoir they said they have the same info as them, but one will call me back in 72 hours

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Early Exclusion

First off. They do it as a favor if it goes through correctly. Theres no rule that says they have to do it. Some have had success filing a dispute as too old and place in comments. I kindly ask for early exclusion. Nothing is set in stone for EE but the 10 yr rule is for a BK on your file.

Message 2 of 13
itspaul
Valued Member

I very kindly asked both CSRs. When one  said they don't have a supervisor and other will have one call me back in 72 hours, that's when I have a problem. 

TU & EQ were exceptional, very accommodating, polite. 

If EX on occasion does EE at 3 months, then there are some internal protocol. To say they don't even do EE is another story. 

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@itspaul wrote:

I very kindly asked both CSRs. When one  said they don't have a supervisor and other will have one call me back in 72 hours, that's when I have a problem. 

If EX on occasion does EE at 3 months, then there are some internal protocol. To say they don't even do EE is another story. 

HUCA. Hang Up, Call Again.

So with EX, they do do EE 3 months early, however, 2 of those 3 months are already "baked into" the "On Record Until" date. So it's really only 1 month earlier than the date stated in that field on your EX reports. So, if your BK is reporting correctly on EX, it should say "On Record Until: 2/16/2022," meaning EE for EX would be 1/16/2022 (1 month earlier than stated date). Now we're still 11 days shy of that, plus EX is weird in that they seem to delete things the following month on the second Saturday, or something like that; at least for inquiries. But as far as your BK being EE'd, try calling again after the 16th.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@itspaul wrote:

So with EX, they do do EE 3 months early, however, 2 of those 3 months are already "baked into" the "On Record Until" date. So it's really only 1 month earlier than the date stated in that field on your EX reports. So, if your BK is reporting correctly on EX, it should say "On Record Until: 2/16/2022," meaning EE for EX would be 1/16/2022 (1 month earlier than stated date). Now we're still 11 days shy of that, plus EX is weird in that they seem to delete things the following month on the second Saturday, or something like that; at least for inquiries. But as far as your BK being EE'd, try calling again after the 16th.

This is where it got confusing for me... we filed BK7 in Jan 2012.  My DW and my own EX reports have always noted "On record until Jan 2022".  So that date on our reports didn't have any baked in EE.

In Oct 2021, EX automatically removed our BK7 from our reports without any prompting from my DW or myself.

We did file an online dispute for EE on TU, and it was granted immediately around June 2021.

EQ dropped the BK7's automatically in Dec 2021, so 1 month early.

Message 5 of 13
Dirge
Contributor

This is what I did to get my BK7 EE by TU (I see that you already got it EE on TU, but I'm going to do the same thing for EX in 2 months so I thought I'd give you the details).

On 12/2 I went on TU's site and asked for an early exclusion of my BK7 which was filed in 6/2012. I was expecting some kind of "obsolete" choice, but I didn't see one. So I chose "incorrect date" and then in the note I wrote that I was requesting an early exclusion. I looked at my email the next day, and they removed it!

I believe that EE goes by the exact date, not the first day of the relevant month as TU does. So I'll be waiting until the end of 3/2022 to try it, but I'm definitely going to do it online again. I'd rather be turned down online than on a phone call! 

Good luck! 

Message 6 of 13
itspaul
Valued Member

Update: I checked my score this mornirng and i had a 63point increasse on my Experian. BK just fell off 68 days early

My new score is 775, but I have high utilization right now. Next stop is EQ

Message 7 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats.

Message 8 of 13
Caribsa89
Contributor

@itspaul wrote:

Update: I checked my score this mornirng and i had a 63point increasse on my Experian. BK just fell off 68 days early

My new score is 775, but I have high utilization right now. Next stop is EQ

It will fall off on EQ on March 1st.  They drop BKs on the month before on the 1st day.  Like I filed on 3/30/12 and mine fell off on o2/01/22.

Message 9 of 13
coolandcalm
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@itspaul wrote:

Has anyone had success with requesting an EE with Experian online... or do you have to call in?

I'm sure you have to wait until at least one month before the "on record until" date

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.