Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first 850

tag
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

My first 850

Two years and eight  months after my CH 13 DC, I finally hit 850. It's my FICO 9 on TU after I got EE on my BK. FICO 8 is 844 on TU. Now, patiently awaiting EE on EX in 3 months. 

IMG_3139.jpeg

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 20K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 6.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: My first 850

Outstanding !  Congrats on your success !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 10
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your 850 score!

Message 3 of 10
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Outstanding, nicely done @Jeffster1, congratulations! 

Message 4 of 10
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Two years and eight  months after my CH 13 DC, I finally hit 850. It's my FICO 9 on TU after I got EE on my BK. FICO 8 is 844 on TU. Now, patiently awaiting EE on EX in 3 months. 

IMG_3139.jpeg

Congratulations!    Isn't it an awesome feeling?    Been to hell and back.   Savor this moment.   You worked hard to acheve this.

Message 5 of 10
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

IMG_3139.jpeg

Congratulations!    Isn't it an awesome feeling?    Been to hell and back.   Savor this moment.   You worked hard to acheve this.

Thanks! Yes, it is. The irony is that I had learned to live on cash during my 13 (a great lesson for me), and when I got my DC, I did not plan on pursuing credit at all. A few days after my DC, I got an invite for the OLLO card and that began my journey.

American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 20K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 6.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 6 of 10
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the impressive rebuild!  Interesting to hear you start rebuilding with Ollo.  My first attempt to rebuild 2yrs after filing BK7 was from an Ollo mailer I received but was denied (for a long time I forgot I had even made that app).  I waited 2 more years before officially starting my rebuild with a secured Discover.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 7 of 10
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

Congrats on the impressive rebuild!  Interesting to hear you start rebuilding with Ollo.  My first attempt to rebuild 2yrs after filing BK7 was from an Ollo mailer I received but was denied (for a long time I forgot I had even made that app).  I waited 2 more years before officially starting my rebuild with a secured Discover.

@Zoostation1 Thanks. I had actually become very comfortable using cash and debit during the 3.5 years I was in my 13 prior to DC, and had resolved to not even pursue credit after DC.I had not even pulled up my credit reports during BK, and didn't know what was on there. I had an outstanding BK attorney, and asked him the protocol in cleaning up a credit report after DC. He advised me that he would be able to advise me, and might be able to help, if necessary. He told me to wait a few weeks before pulling the report in order to allow the DC to report. 

In the interim, I joined CreditKarma and CreditSesame, and it was through one of those that I received my OLLO invite a couple days after DC. I applied and was approved. I then waited a couple weeks for the DC to report and then was approved for Cap 1 Platinum, followed by an approval for the Jasper MC (discontinued in 2022). 

Though I didn't realize it at the time, the OLLO approval began Phase 1 of my rebuild.

Phase 1...After the OLLO, Cap 1 and Jasper approvals, I applied for a secured card each from BofA and TD, and was approved for both. Two months after that, I received invites from Mercury and Merrick, both of which I accepted.

At the time, I set a personal policy of not applying for low-hanging fruit like store cards.

During the Fall of 2021, both my BofA and TD cards graduated.

Around the same time, I did a PC on my Cap 1 Platinum to a QS, and I was also approved for a Cap 1 Walmart card.

I then gardened from late Fall 2021 until May 2022.

May 2022 began my phase 2.

Phase 2...I was now 61 months post-filing so I applied to Amex and was approved for the Gold, immediately followed by an approval for the Amex BCE. I then acquired the cards in my signature below, while closing Ollo, Merrick and Mercury in early Fall 2022. They had served their purpose.

Subsequent Amex approvals came via soft pulls. 

By restraining myself on the inquiries earlier, I now had the luxury to begin risking just a little by apping for a few months and ending up with some nice cards. 

There were definitely two defined phases to my rebuild. I really didn’t set out for it to be that way but that's the way it played out. It really was more by accident than anything else, in my humble opinion.

I credit that OLLO approval just two days after DC for giving me the idea and the courage to move forward with pusuing credit again.

Message 8 of 10
Invest4Rest
Contributor

Congrats!! 🚀🚀🚀

Message 9 of 10
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@Jeffster1- Mine was a CH7, and it was 4yrs after filing (Nov '21 so i haven't been rebuilding quite 2yrs yet)when I got my that first Discover secured $400 to begin my first phase of rebuild.  3 months later I got a QS1 with a more usable $2k limit (I was one of the lucky ones that didnt' get stuck with it and it's now a regular QS).  That's my phase 2 beginning of sorts because it's when I decided I would start using credit cards for almost everything and started keeping a spreadsheet for all my bills.   7 months into the rebuild Discover unsecured and 3 months later I got SavorOne (no sub unfortunately) with a $3k limit and a CLI + first PC on the QS1 (to V1).  I guess my Phase 3 was starting to get prime cards with Amex BCP at 63mo post filing  $5k (got denied as expected for a CLI after 6 months, will try again at 12) and then Venture X ($10k) 3 months ago.  I moved some of my QS limit over to SavorOne and that's about it.  Now I'm trying to just garden, but no longer practicing AZEO.  I'm finding letting 2 of 5 cards report doesn't hurt FICO 8 and 9 that much.  I've got a long way to go but just hit new personal post BK highs in FICO8 today (688/690/684 - haven't update my sig cause my 3B comes tomorrow) and it's nice to not micromanage so much. Going to let my BCP report a balance this month since I haven't in the 8 months it's been open.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.