Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing LVNV FUNDING LLC

tag
ficophobic
Contributor

Need help removing LVNV FUNDING LLC

I filed a complaint with CFPB stating that LVNV is reporting inaccurate info . LVNV states they acquired the account June 15, 2018 and Resurgent is the servicer.  They also state the last payment received was October 3, 2017 and the account charged off on May 6, 2018; however, I don't think that's what being reported.  Can someone help me with disputing and getting this removed?     ThanksLVNV.PNG

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 529
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Need help removing LVNV FUNDING LLC

Its a charged off account. Make a settlement offer with Resurgent and they will delete off your reports like it wasnt there. Dates being off here and there wont change much. The original creditor I'm sure is still reporting a CO. You didnt list the creditor. Look at annualcreditreport.com and see when the DoFD is. And it will list fall off date.

Message 2 of 14
jbelinc
Established Member

I had a collection with LVNV FUNDING LLC and serviced by Resurgent too. It was from a Credit One Visa that went to collections. The original amount was $980.42. I kept checking the website for offers and it was usually for 20% off, one day I checked and they gave me an offer for 60% off for a payoff of $392.17. I immediately paid it off and they removed the collection from all 3 CRBs in less than 30 days. They were easy to dealwith and I didn't have to call them and go back and forth over a settlement agreement. Credit One also removed the trade line from my reports even before I paid it off. I'm happy because it's paid off and thecollection and Credit One are both off my reports. It might be easier to wait for a good offer and pay it off.

Message 3 of 14
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

I got a random email tonight from true Accourd Creditor trying to collect a debt from LVLN funding claiming I owe them 1,300 and the original creditor was CIT. Tried googling CIT but do not recognise it.  My credit has been squeeky clean 740, and I do not have any lates showing up on it. Could this be incorrect? I tried to dispute on LVLN site but it doesnt bring me to a dispute page. 

Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Outdoorstech1 You only got an email? Were you listed on LVNV's website? And you didnt say if its on your credit report. Smells fishy.

Message 5 of 14
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Correct, random out of the blue email. Shows a debt from 2009?!? CIT bank, and not sure what CIT bank is. 

I sent an email and this was their reply.... IMG_3749.jpeg

Message 6 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

Correct, random out of the blue email. Shows a debt from 2009?!? CIT bank, and not sure what CIT bank is. 

I sent an email and this was their reply.... IMG_3749.jpeg

Garbage. If they were collecting and even if it was valid. They dont know your mailing address and want validation? LOL!!!!!! Block sender. Phishing to the max.

Message 7 of 14
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Trueaccord did have my address on file in the first email.  " You have an account with LVNV Funding with the address on file as..."  I told them to send documents to my address and see what actually happens. What are they phishing for? Arent they a legit company?

Message 8 of 14
RSX
Valued Contributor

CIT = likely CITI bank

but i also wouldnt pay it if it isn't on your credit report

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 9 of 14
Jamey1965

There is a CiT Bank in CA.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.