Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE BUREAUS collection help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

THE BUREAUS collection help

First off, i'm trying to get an apartment. I have no judgments, I'm never late with rent for the past 19 years but my problem is I have collections. I make more than 7 tiimes my mothly rent, but because of this one collection they denied me. 

I'm scared to pay it though because the reviews are stating the company does nothing after you pay it. If I don't get this off my credit report asap, i'm going to be homeless in the next month.  Any advice on how to go about this? It's just $427 I also think it's pretty crappy that On-Site rental group will deny you just because of one issue. 

I do not even know what this bill is other than it's called Comenity i've tried to dispute with no luck. 

Any idea how I should go about this so I can remove it from my report? I don't mind paying, but i'm worried it wont do any good since it sounds like this company is real trash Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: THE BUREAUS collection help

According to this thread on collection companies that PFD they say the bureaus does delete after payment in 30-45 days. Here is the url: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Collection-agencies-that-do-PFD/td-p/5675391

It also seems like no matter what you will have to pay it but you may want to contact them and ask them directly if they will delete after payment just to be sure. Good luck on your renting.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 4
House2021
Established Contributor

If it were me I would  just pay it if it meant I got the apartment I wanted, look at it as a moving expense. If it's near 7 years, then you might try to see if you can get an early exclusion from the credit bureaus. You can dispute it but it will take a lot of time and effort. What is the collection company? You can dispute and ask for proof the debt is yours. I did that and received documents from Midland Funding and Cavalry without even having to contact them. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First off, i'm trying to get an apartment. I have no judgments, I'm never late with rent for the past 19 years but my problem is I have collections. I make more than 7 tiimes my mothly rent, but because of this one collection they denied me. 

I'm scared to pay it though because the reviews are stating the company does nothing after you pay it. If I don't get this off my credit report asap, i'm going to be homeless in the next month.  Any advice on how to go about this? It's just $427 I also think it's pretty crappy that On-Site rental group will deny you just because of one issue. 

I do not even know what this bill is other than it's called Comenity i've tried to dispute with no luck. 

Any idea how I should go about this so I can remove it from my report? I don't mind paying, but i'm worried it wont do any good since it sounds like this company is real trash Smiley Sad 

The Bureaus does PFD, bit this is something you have to negotiate. Don't just pay and hope they do something with it. You need to make sure they agree to delete if you pay/settle.

Also, you dont have to rely on your credit for a place to rent.

I had almost 2 dozen +/- CAs for the past 15 years, and always managed to find really NICE places to rent and never once had my credit ran. Just avoid big box apartments. 

Disputing just makes matters worse if it is valid. Disputing doesn't often lead to deletion just becaise we want it gone.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.