Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vance and Huffman LLC

tag
Dawnnjoness

Vance and Huffman LLC

Hello all. 

I am new here. Does anyone have any information on Vance & Huffman ?

I got my credit all cleaned up and ready to apply for a mortgage. And out of nowhere this account shows up on my TransUnion report. I never even received a notice. 

I have disputed with Transunion and requested debt validation from Vance and Huffman and have gotten nothing back yet. 

Does anyone know if they are a company that does pay for deletes? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Vance and Huffman LLC

They come out of the woodwork once home shopping begins. Either way it will have to be paid to satisfy the lender. No past debts. Never heard of them. OC may delete. Law firms not so much.

Message 2 of 6
Dawnnjoness

@FireMedic1 wrote:

They come out of the woodwork once home shopping begins. Either way it will have to be paid to satisfy the lender. No past debts. Never heard of them. OC may delete. Law firms not so much.

it's very discouraging. Guess I'll have to just settle. 

Message 3 of 6
bass_playr
Established Contributor

@Dawnnjoness wrote:

Hello all. 

I am new here. Does anyone have any information on Vance & Huffman ?

I got my credit all cleaned up and ready to apply for a mortgage. And out of nowhere this account shows up on my TransUnion report. I never even received a notice. 

I have disputed with Transunion and requested debt validation from Vance and Huffman and have gotten nothing back yet. 

Does anyone know if they are a company that does pay for deletes? 

V&H is a debt collector, so there should be something listed on your TU report about who the creditor was on the account.  Do you recognize anything about this?  

Just know that validation, while I do advocate for requesting it, the standard they must meet to accomplish validation is so low you could trip over it.  So you're not likely to gain much info from that--I do still recommend using it though. 

Their BBB rating is pretty low and while they do respond to complaints on BBB, they get a lot of them.  I've located three lawsuits nationwide, searching federal courts and state appeals courts.  Not a lot, but they appear to have only been in business for 9 years.  They settled one, there is a pending motion to stay the suit on the second one as it may be removed to the federal court, and the third is still pending but they were forced to remove all affirmative defenses in it so it's not looking very good for them.  I did also find one class action suit pending against them in Florida.

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

"Vance & Huffman is not your traditional collection agency. Compliance and consumer care are paramount to our company. Our goal is to build a relationship with the clients and consumers we contact. Helping them resolve, settle, or dispute their account is our core mission. Not only do we help you get accounts resolved, but we are also reaching out in concern to helping with your entire financial picture. Our board and executive team combine over 160 years of experience. No one is better at helping you with your whole financial picture than Vance & Huffman. "

https://www.vhllc.co/ 

Look on your reports whos listed as the OC that sent this to V&H.

Message 5 of 6
Dawnnjoness

So this collection is no longer on my TU. It just up and disappeared a few days ago. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.