cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

visualfxpro
New Contributor

Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

I think I'm obsessed with improving my credit now. Every day I'm checking. Just paid off a charge off and I'm anxious to see the impact on my score. Just zero balance all my cards for 2 month in a row. Only 1 card has reported in last 2 months, like $50 maybe. Anxious to apply for my first multi-family house mortgage. Anxious to try to get my pre approved Navy Federal and get my money back from my secured card. Anxious to see what mortgage does to my credit. I'm saving up for a pretty sweet ride, anxious to see how good of a rate I'll get.

In short, I'd like a time machine to skip to April please!

Everyday I have my credit card calandar spread sheet. Checking to see which cards are closing soon. Constantly checking credit card payments to see if they get done in time before closing.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. **bleep** it. It's still at 717 fake score and 651 FICO. Smiley Sad

Should I seek help? Smiley Happy

November 2021
Transunion Fico 8. 659
Equifax Fico 8. 613
Experian Fico 8 651

Capitol One $750
TD Bank $1000
Bank of America $3000
Wells Fargo $500
Amazon $4000

Charge Off from 2015: Municipal Credit Union $5300 ($6500 limit)[PAID IN FULL; pending update]

Credit Age:
3 years
Inquiries (6/12/24 month): 12 mo

Debt to Income ratio 21%
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
dragontears
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

@visualfxpro wrote:

I think I'm obsessed with improving my credit now. Every day I'm checking. Just paid off a charge off and I'm anxious to see the impact on my score. Just zero balance all my cards for 2 month in a row. Only 1 card has reported in last 2 months, like $50 maybe. Anxious to apply for my first multi-family house mortgage. Anxious to try to get my pre approved Navy Federal and get my money back from my secured card. Anxious to see what mortgage does to my credit. I'm saving up for a pretty sweet ride, anxious to see how good of a rate I'll get.

Everyday I have my credit card calandar spread sheet. Checking to see which cards are closing soon. Constantly checking credit card payments to see if they get done in time before closing.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. **bleep** it. It's still at 717 fake score and 651 FICO. Smiley Sad

If you want to pay for each new "refresh" then I am sure you can do it as many times as you want in a day (huge waste of money as major updates to reports tend to happen once a day); otherwise, I am not aware of any CMS that let's you refresh multiple times a day. 

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 2 of 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

I would try to focus on other things, besides credit, yes. It can be a bit much after a while of obsessively checking.

Last App: 12/27/2021
Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 21
visualfxpro
New Contributor

What I'm really doing is waiting for the credit card companies to report my latest statements so I can see my score updates. However it's kind of stupid since I have the schedule already and I know I won't see anything until the 11th maybe but I can't help myself from constantly checking. Smiley Sad

November 2021
Transunion Fico 8. 659
Equifax Fico 8. 613
Experian Fico 8 651

Capitol One $750
TD Bank $1000
Bank of America $3000
Wells Fargo $500
Amazon $4000

Charge Off from 2015: Municipal Credit Union $5300 ($6500 limit)[PAID IN FULL; pending update]

Credit Age:
3 years

Debt to Income ratio 21%
Message 4 of 21
Reviewers
Regular Contributor

Hahaha, you sound like me! I do the same, hah. Good luck on raising your score, definately good to see Smiley Happy

My Scores:

Wishlist Cards:
Capital One Venture/X & Chase Sapphire Preferred/Reserve (Approved for CSP/CSR already)

Starting Score: 674
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 21
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

@visualfxpro wrote:

You're scaring me. I see a little of myself in you Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 693500 (600500 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 729 EX 697

Message 6 of 21
tcbofade
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Been there, done that.

...still do it sometimes...

All things in time.

01/01/22 Fico 8: EX 722, EQ 736, TU 716.
12/03/21 Fico 9: EX 749, EQ 758, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 21
whoelze

Hello boatmate! I'm right there with you. Since i started my rebuild last month, I've been pulling up my reports at least once a day. I signed up for free accounts with the three CRBs just so I can look at my credit reports. I look at reports, look at credit card accounts (thankfully only 4), and hop on to this forum...in that order and repeat. Then up until yesterday, I only had my FICO 8 (from EX free account) and FICO 9 (EX from Patelco CU) scores. so i finally gave in and signed up for the myFICO quarterly plan to see the rest of my scores.

It's just satisfying to see something on your reports improving....even when it's just reported balance updating to a lower amount.

Ch. 7 - 05/14/2021 : Discharged - 08/30/2021

FICO 8 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 653 EX = 608 TU = 622

FICO 9 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 713 EX = 660 TU = 701
Message 8 of 21
babbles
Established Contributor

Ok, i'll admit, I have a credit addiciton problem,  I check my reports several times a day; credit k, fico, experian knowing they haven't changed and I check them at the start of every morning

Message 9 of 21
visualfxpro
New Contributor

@babbles wrote:

check my reports several times a day; credit k, fico, experian knowing they haven't changed and I check them at the start of every morning

That is the addiction part, right there. When you are checking when you know there is nothing to check, you have gone too far. lol

I know I need to wait until maybe Monday but I keep checking just in case I'm wrong. I think, "what if I forgot one closing date and they report balance on same day?". lol

November 2021
Transunion Fico 8. 659
Equifax Fico 8. 613
Experian Fico 8 651

Capitol One $750
TD Bank $1000
Bank of America $3000
Wells Fargo $500
Amazon $4000

Credit Age:
3 years

Debt to Income ratio 21%
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.