Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable 🦃 day 😊

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable 🦃 day 😊

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and festive Thanksgiving holiday 🦃 whether staying at home, spending it with family/friends, traveling, etc. I realize this isn't a credit card topic, but it gets the most traffic in the forums (it will be gone soon enough 😉).  Safe travels wherever this holiday takes you or however you decide to celebrate -- so many things to be thankful about!

So, who's traveling? Who's cooking, having it catered or eating out? Anyone applying for any CCs and/or CLIs from the comfort of their comfy couch, bed?  Who's venturing out on Black Friday?

happythanksgiving.gif

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cws-21
Established Contributor

Re: Everyone have a safe and enjoyable 🦃 day 😊

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful post, @FinStar. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy the holiday.

Message 2 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No travel, staying home and cooking.

If fire department is not involved, I'll consider it a win. 

No stepping outside for Black Friday, I'm not much of a rioter and I already fought Battle For The Last Turkey. 

I do feel like applying for something, but Chase so I probably won't. Unless I do. 

The itch is real, and turkey won't scratch it.  

Once kids are done tormenting me, I'll be watching season 21 of Air Disasters with dogs in preparation for the next trip (still no Airbus for me).

I finally found it, someone uploaded it to Facebook lol 

Message 3 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!

Going to parent's house for food goodness and will make a few pies to bring over. Meh might actually be making them soon if sleep isn't coming. I like the end of the year if only because I get to see family members I don't get to talk to much anymore - when not texting/messaging - with life being busy. Good way to spend a few hours eating, drinking, and catching up. Plus, gives me a good idea what to get presents wise. Usually cash is good since they can spend it the way they want it and everyone makes out happy but get an odd request every once in awhile. Well, not my checking account but whatever

Oh and the food I'm most looking forward to isn't 🦃🍗🥧🍠 but....

Yes, please!

Message 4 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

so many things to be thankful about!

Yes!....we sure do, esp. thinking back to

last Thanksgiving. It was pretty depressing for so many .... "Pandemic"..... depressing. Let's hope those that lost hope & loved ones find hope, peace, and comfort this year and for those struggling during the holiday season this year...❤️❤️❤️🙏🦃🎄🙏 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 15
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Happy thanksgiving everyone !!!!!

Today is a day of food, food, and more food and then a little NFL viewing and some nappy time from all the tryptophan consumed.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and festive Thanksgiving holiday 🦃 whether staying at home, spending it with family/friends, traveling, etc. I realize this isn't a credit card topic, but it gets the most traffic in the forums (it will be gone soon enough 😉).  Safe travels wherever this holiday takes you or however you decide to celebrate -- so many things to be thankful about!

So, who's traveling? Who's cooking, having it catered or eating out? Anyone applying for any CCs and/or CLIs from the comfort of their comfy couch, bed?  Who's venturing out on Black Friday?

happythanksgiving.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to you too finstar and to the entire myFico community.

I cooked my entire dinner last night--something I hadn't done in years. It used to be everyone took a dish to whomever was cooking the turkey. It was actually fun.

I did a 0% for 12 mos BT yesterday from NFCU Platinum to Discover PL. My plan is to pay off the BT in 12 months and increase the payments on the PL to get the loan paid off in 30 months vs the original 5 years. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving @Anonymous_Star. I will be cooking for my mom and my 9-year granddaughter. Have to be careful with them both. Mom’s in her 80’s. Cooking a roast. We wanted something different. Be safe everyone.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, @FinStar! Ditto for you and your family! We're going to mi Madres' house for an early lunch this morning then I'm cooking for the FIL this evening for an early dinner. Food time schedules are done around the kid's nap time. I don't deviate, even on holidays. I'm working tonight so things need to be wrapped up early. 

No apps planned. Shopping, maybe. We've gotten the majority of gifts already but I'll look at the "sales". 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Staying home, preparing for some shoots I have planned. Never have done black Friday not about to start now, LOL. Was interesting to see while watching some of the Macys parade that there is still color on the trees in NYC, its long gone from here. Have a great holiday weekend all...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.