cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself? Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:

I don't know if this was posted yet, but a quick search on google news brought up this article: http://consumerist.com/5008893/fico-scores-drop-over-100-points-after-sallie-mae-recode-potentially-millions-affected At least there is press now!
Message 141 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:

To tell the truth that is not really press. Still no one knows about this unless they are searching for it. Sallie Mae is using an age old strategy ....delay. This issue occured at a click of a button and should be corrected just as easily,...especially if as reported to many on this forum, they have direct communication with Equifax. It is very important that we continue to forward this information to any and everyone we know who may be affected, and any and everyone with some media influence. Sallie Mae has already benefitted from this mistake by strong arming people into changing their payment plan....but that doesn't have to be the end of it. The longer they take to correct this, the more likely that it will get sweeped under the rug. Our daily lives will again take over and while it may still seem an injustice it won't be the most pertinent one anymore. What's happening is not right and we are the few who know, and the few who can do something about it.
Message 142 of 214
ponyboy

Hey guys... I would just like to say I was hit with a MyF...

Hey guys... I would just like to say I was hit with a MyFico credit score alert this morning that said My Fico dropped 108pts. I went crazy.. freaked out.. bought a new credit score online to report it.. and.. for some reason its right back up to where its supposed to be. Perhapes the problem is solved now?
Message 143 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hey guys... I would just like to say I was hit with a MyF...

My score is back up as well.  Big question, can this happen again?
Message 144 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hey guys... I would just like to say I was hit with a MyF...

Some official words from Sallie Mae Corporate:

Message 145 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *new error in Sallie Mae reporting*

Leslie McFadden of Bankrate.com wrote about the Sallie Mae error and interviewed Sallie Mae spokespeople. They explain what happened and, more important, what they're going to do -- and what you should do about it. Here's the link: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/college/20080514-sallie-mae-credit-score-a1.asp
Message 146 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

MSN Money reported as well http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/LendersGoofSlamsCreditScores.aspx?page=all
Message 147 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my score this morning, it is now back to where it was - no indication at all that it dropped 124 points last Friday.  Woohoo!
Message 148 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back up as well
Message 149 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW- talk about a quick fix.

Way to go Barry !!!!!!!!!!
Message 150 of 214
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.