Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100K Miles Car Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

100K Miles Car Financing

Hello,

I want to buy a 2005 car with 101K miles on it. The car is priced at $10,000 and I want to get an auto loan. So far BOA and NetLoan have denied my applications because the car has more than 100K miles on it. My FICO is 765. They did not even run a credit check on me or a KBB value on the car, they just quickly denied it because of the high milage. KBB says the car is worth $15,235. 

Can anyone suggest an auto lender that will overlook the milage and base the loan on how much the car is actually worth and my FICO score?

Thank you  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 100K Miles Car Financing

Some sketchy lenders might finance a car over 100k miles on it, but none of the prime banks or credit unions will. In fact it states that on most of their websites. If you have a FICO of 765 try to get a personal loan for the 10k.

A few years ago I wanted to buy a 1987 Porsche 911, and nobody would give me a loan because of how "old" the car was, which sucked because I would have gotten a sweet deal!

Message 2 of 4
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Try getting a personal loan through a CU.They will probably give you better rates and terms. They will cut you a check and you buy the car cash...you could probably negotiate better with cash. They have terms like 7%@5yrs

09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 3 of 4
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some sketchy lenders might finance a car over 100k miles on it, but none of the prime banks or credit unions will. In fact it states that on most of their websites. If you have a FICO of 765 try to get a personal loan for the 10k.

A few years ago I wanted to buy a 1987 Porsche 911, and nobody would give me a loan because of how "old" the car was, which sucked because I would have gotten a sweet deal!

sorry pappy I should've read before I opened my big mouth duh you already said that LOLSmiley Tongue
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.