Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Jetta vs 2016 Trax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2011 Jetta vs 2016 Trax

I purchased my Jetta a year and a half ago with Ally auto at 16% (score of 590). I was in desperate need of a car for me and my daughter. Now the pre certified warranty is ending and a lot or problems are starting to occur at the 72000 mile mark. My credit has improved since I have never been late on a payment now at 623 TU), but with the high apr and the hit to VW value recently, I'm sitting with about $3000 in negative equity. I have $2300 to put down and a pre approval from capital one of 6.5%. I've been looking at the Chevy Trax which is relatively new to the market. The 2016 trax is down to $14100, which is almost $6000 off MSRP.

Would you make the trade/swap? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2011 Jetta vs 2016 Trax

14,100 for a Trax? What area is that in? Great price. What is your payment and term left on the Jetta? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Miami. I'm paying $299 with 29 months left. I'm pretty sure the marked down is because of the new models coming out. I'm also looking at a Nissan Rogue, 2014. I'm thinking a used car will be better to level out any future negative equity.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Palm Beach county, hello neighbor!!  Price sounds too low, sounds like they are including incentives that you don't qualify for. I've seen some internet prices list every single incentive the manufacturer offers. But if you can get it at that price thats great. I would do it. Then let me know which dealershiip you bought from!!

Buying a deeply discounted new car is almost always better than buying used when dealing with negative equity. That being said buy the car you like better since your down payment is leaving you with only 700 in neg equity. Used and neg equity can be done but it can also be a little trickier.(meaning int rate may not be as favorable as buying new) Just make sure they are not playing inverted pricing games designed to confuse you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm definetly going to look over the paperwork with a magnifying glass!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a chance to look over the price? Is it in writing? 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There were 'rebates' and cash backs that lowered the price. I've still got my eye on a 2015 Nissan Rouge for $15800. Going to the Nissan dealership today.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.