Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan question

Hello, I will be currently in the market for a new car here soon. I just recently paid off little over $14,000 in credit card debt and paid off a debt consolidation loan early. Here is my question, I am waiting for these accounts to update and reflect on my credit report. From what the banks told me most of these will be updated except for 2 which won't be updated after first of the month. I was wanting to take advantage of the incentives going on this month. Would I be able to provide statements from the banks stating these are paid in full to the finance manager at the dealer in case the report they pull still shows a balance? I understand they will go by my credit score on the report but as far and calculating my updated  dti since these accounts have paid off? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan question

Will very much depend on the dealer and their financing guys. Some will do everything in their power to make the numbers look as good as possible for you, but that's also how you can get into longer term loans.

Since the most important part for determining the interest rate is your credit score, I'd say wait for the changes to reflect and your score to increase before going in. The number juggling they do won't necessarily affect the rate.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.