Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan hot mess- please advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan hot mess- please advise

Hi everyone-
Long story short- I was approved and purchased an F350 last week for my hubby. During the chit chat, I mentioned I was about due to turn in my current GM lease which is thru Ally. The finance manager suggested looking at a Ford Expediton which I did, and in turn liked and applied for a Ford lease- she said I was approved in 9 seconds for the lease.
Fast forward to me being a woman and the wheels starting to turn and I happened to drive into a Chevy dealer and lay eyes on a 2015 Tahoe which is stunning. Asked the finance lady if she thought it was possible for me to be approved for another vehicle loan since I just had gotten a fat one. She said most likely and in fact I was approved at 5 percent thru the same company who approved me for the f350 loan.

So to make it even more complicated they found me a Tahoe today to purchase but I found one at another dealership with10k less miles for the SAME price and everything else was apples to apples. I want to move forward with the purchase from 10k miles less dealership but am worried about trying AGAIN to get approved. Am I able to use the approval that dealership A got for the Tahoe at dealership B (with the 10k less miles) or do I have to go thru the whole approval process again and then be potentially denied?

I'm at a loss on what to do but it's a hefty chunk of change so I feel I don't want to settle for 10k more miles for the same price, but also don't want another 10 inquiries or the chance of losing the approval all together (if that can happen?)

I need your wise advice please. Have enjoyed reading these forums for many months and have improved my scores doing so.

She mentioned pulling Transunion for the first loan and I had a 720. Credit Karma has me at a 680
I have no mortgage and 13k available in credit cards of which I utilize 20 percent- ish.
One PR from 2010 and no other baddies.
Please help!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan hot mess- please advise

I don't know who you got the loan through, so a little more info would be helpful. When I got my loan  a few years ago, the bank told me how much I was approved for and then sent me a check. When I found the car I wanted, I just had to write the dealers name on it and that was it....I ended up not using the check, as I found better rates from a different bank, and then I think it was 65 days later the bank sent me a email telling my my check and offer expired and If I was still interested to call in.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America. Both of these deals were approved thru a dealership- not a bank Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Go to penfed or other CU and then buy whichever you want, probably at a better rate than 5% (and only 1 pull).

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elim
Apply for Penfed online? I don't belong to a CU but could open an account there if needed if that's what you recommend Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Elim
Apply for Penfed online? I don't belong to a CU but could open an account there if needed if that's what you recommend Smiley Happy

yes, they will pull EQ NextGen and that 1 pull is usually good for all credit products for the next 90 days.  choose "other" and pay $15 to join and $5 to $100 deposit from CC or Bank.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed, DCU or NFCU (there is a big thread on getting in as a civilian). Those are the big three on here with better rates than you've been quoted.

I have my car through PenFed and love them.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and if you don't want to apply anywhere else, go back to the dealership that already approved you, tell him you found something else and need a better deal to take a car with $10k more miles. They will try and beat it, be aggressive on the pricing.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.