Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan won't be paid off when statement reports

tag
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

Auto loan won't be paid off when statement reports

I have a auto loan with a remaining balance of  11k. My statements is reporting that this Oct is my last payment due date. But when I do the math I still have four months worth of payments. What will happen? Will I be asked to pay the remaining balance in full in Oct. or will my payment date be extended?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan won't be paid off when statement reports

I would call the auto loan company and find out but you will have to pay the full amount owed so your payment date will probably move out. I think the payment date is the date your loan would be paid in full if you didn't miss any payments, so it sounds like you will have to pay those four missed payments over an additional 4 months.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

MF beat me to it.

        
Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Is there any way you can save up additional funds so you can make a large lump sum at the end?

Message 4 of 6
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

So they would just extend my loan by four months instead of asking for full payment in Oct.

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

As posted, you will have to ask the lender. Not all lenders will automatically extend.

I have seen many reports on rip off report (dot) com where the lender repo'ed the vehicle and didn't extend the loan. Get your paperwork out and make arrangements with the lender if you don't have the funds and you don't think you will have the funds when the payment is due in October.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.